↷ FORTY FOUR

''We need to talk

''We need to talk. Now.''

Priscilla Parker glances over at Fiona Denver with a raised brow as she was leaned against the set of lockers next to Fiona's that Thursday morning.

Devin shakes her head in a vigorous motion. ''Did I stutter? Scram.''

Jerking her head back, she raised her hands up in defense before turning to Fiona. ''I'll see you later girl.''

''Bye,'' Fiona mumbles back, her blue eyes scanning Devin Greene from head to toe, a corner of her lip twitched in a bitter distaste.

Devin folds her arms across her chest, watching Priscilla fro the corner of her eyes make an exit, leaving the two girls to stand in front of each other with tension thick enough to cut enough to cut with a knife.

''How desperate can you be?''

Fiona narrows her eyes at her. ''Excuse me?''

''Oh,'' She smiles. ''Don't act coy. Okay, you told Jeff that I used.'' Shrugging her shoulders, she slaps her arms against her sides. ''Haven't you realized that he's not for you? Mind your neck before you get left neck less.''

''How pathetic,'' Fiona gently closed her locker shut and took a step closer to Devin. ''Threatening a freshman over a boy.''

''It's pathetic that you need to ask about me to throw dirt on my name.'' Devin inhales deeply, a genuine smile conquering her lips as she grabs on to the straps of her book bag. ''Which, if you were wondering how that conversation turned out, it went great. We're even closer now, thanks to you.''

She rolls her eyes. ''Whatever. Who needs Jeff when I have Bryce Walker-''

Devin erupted into a roar of laughter, one that left her breathless. She couldn't believe the words that just came out of her mouth. It was as if she was proud to own the title of associations with Bryce Walker.

''What? What is so funny?'' Fiona spat.

She shakes her head, laughing through her response. ''Nothing. Have fun with your bo-'' She laughs even harder. ''I'm sorry, I cant even- Haha!''

Fiona walks off, not in the mood to deal with Devin Greene this early in the morning, leaving her standing in the middle of the crowded hallway holding onto her stomach and bent halfway.

× × ×

''What the..'' Devin mumbles as she strides through the library third period and rounded her corner, finding an empty table with nobody and nothing but a piece of paper sitting on top of it.