↷ TWENTY ONE

''Ooh!''

''Ooh!''

Hannah Baker leaned against the brick railing set on both end of the wide steps in front of Liberty High's entrance, while Jeff Atkins had stood up straight on one side of Hannah with Devin Greene's back stood close in front of his torso. Clay Jensen stood on the other side of Hannah with a smile sketched on his lips, his eyes squinted more than usual given the beaming sun was shining bright over them that Wednesday morning.

Devin, Jeff and Hannah however had ecstatic grins plastered on their features when they saw Kat arrive with her hair done straight, dressed in white Thrasher tee that was most likely a size bigger than her usual considering the shirt looked a little baggy as she wore a pair of ripped light wash denim shorts, and a black pair of Nike's on her feet.

''Somebody got my text this morning,'' Hannah prompts, peering the wandering eye over at Devin to throw some shade.

Hannah had texted the girls that the first rule of Bad Bitches Expedition, they had to go all out with their outfits for these final weeks, something they wouldn't consider wearing on a regular.

Waving her off, Devin assures, ''People won't even be able to tell.''

Hannah wore an olive green t-shirt dress that curved around her hips and gladiator sandals tied around her feet. Her hair wasn't in it's usual state, instead it was it was twisted into French braids.

It was the most rarest item Hannah had found in her closet that morning.

Devin had her hair tied up in the biggest sloppiest bun at the back of her head with a pair of grey suede Pumas on her feet that didn't seem to entirely match with the red jersey dress with the number 99 printed on it. She had a denim jacket barely hangs on her shoulders.

''Alright, we get it, you guys look good,'' Clay ushered. His features were twisted as he had a hand covering his sift from the blazing sun, but it wasn't enough. ''Can we go now?''

× × ×

Kat sat in her third period class that day, her seat around the middle of the right side of the room, where the windows were.

Her AP English teacher went on and on about the symbolic aspects of Othello and decoding Shakespeare's ancient language.

She had an elbow propped on the wooden desk and her chin resting in the palm of ber hand, her other hand bouncing the eraser end of her pencil against the surface of her desk as Mr. Edwin lectured, ''The handkerchief, for example, holds Desdemoda's fatality. Right?''

Mr. Edwin turned away from his chalkboard and scanned the room to find majority of his students half asleep during the lesson.