↷ FORTY NINE

''Your car needs a wash?''

Jeffery Atkins exits his parked vehicle with a grin that mid morning on a Saturday. He folds his arm across his chest and shrugs his shoulders. ''Is it that hard to believe?''

She mocks his stance, a playful grin playing on her lips while holding her head high. ''I think this is just an excuse to see me half naked and wet.''

Devin Greene refrains herself from reacting by his tentative steps he took closer towards her. Even when his calloused hands gripped her hips firmly, pulling her closer to him, she kept her composure calm.

He leaned down and lightly grazed his plump lips against her ear and mumbles in a sultry tone, ''I get to see you like that any time I want. And it's even better because I'm the one causing the damage.''

There goes any correlation to being calm.

His breath made her ears turn red instead of her cheeks which he had noticed immediately.

Despite the wicked smirk on his lips, she tells him, ''We'll have your car spotless, sir.''

She pushed him away from his grasp and headed over to Sheri Holland, the brunette slouched over her clipboard listed with names to the people that donated so far.

''Hey,'' She breathes out. ''Jeff came.''

Sheri scoffs a smile. ''Figured.'' She looks up with a soft smile. ''We can always count on your man for coming through.''

''Yeah,'' She agrees, rubbing her sweaty palms against her heated thighs. Coincidentally, the Saturday meant for a car wash wasn't exactly one of the colder weekends.

''Listen, Hannah Baker was here for five minutes and nobody bothered to wash her car,'' She tilts her head to the side, practically begging her to do the job. ''Can you do it?''

''Of course,'' She simply complies.

''Ugh,'' She throws her head back. She grips her arm with her free hand and smiles. ''You are amazing. Thank you.''

Devin giggles in response, waving her off before approaching Hannah's vehicle. The owner, herself was sitting on a bench near by her car, just watching the rays of the sun bouncing off of it's reflection.