↷ THIRTY

''Where's Devs?''

''Where's Devs?''

Matthew Greene eyed Alyssa Greene curiously with furrowed brows as she took her seat at the end of the table. The brunette was patting down the table cloth against her lap before scooting closer towards the wooden dining table.

''She's out tonight..'' She reaches over for the bowl of rice while mumbling, ''again.''

''Oh,'' He slouched in his seat, waiting for his mother to be done with the bowl so he can serve himself as well. ''Doesn't it bother you?''

Her brows jump as jumps, indicating her need for him to elaborate.

He shrugs his shoulders. ''We barely see her anymore.''

She sets the bowl down with a sigh. ''It doesn't bother me because I know that she's out enjoying herself, something she wasn't used to doing before.''

''You mean before Jeff?''

''Matt,'' She shakes her head. ''It's been four months now.''

''Exactly, and we can't say his name without Devin making us feel like we sinned,'' He reaches over for another bowl of beans. ''It doesn't make you the least bit curious?''

She opened her mouth to respond until she was abruptly interrupted by the front door opening and closing.

Devin Greene came stumbling into the dining room a giggling mess. ''Hey guys.''

Devin was too aired in different mental state to notice the feign genuine smile her mother forced against her lips. ''You look like you've had fun. I thought you were coming home later?''

She waves her off. ''It's a school night.'' She takes a step forward and plants a hand on Matthews shoulder. ''Speaking of, how was your first day?''

Matthew blinked rapidly. ''I didn't go, remember?''

She furrows her brows. ''Huh?''

''Devin,'' Alyssa giggled softly. ''You were the one to drop him off at the clinic today, remember?''

''Oh,'' Her features fell in realization. ''Right.''

''Well,'' Alyssa took a stand from her seat, alarming the attention immediately. ''why don't you guys enjoy the rest of dinner, yeah? I'm gonna head to bed.''

''Mom, you barely touched your food.''

She pouts while holding onto her stomach. ''I'm bloated.''