↷ SIXTEEN

‘’Bye, sexy

‘’Bye, sexy.’’

Devin had broke her neck in the direction the voice of Amanda Kenderson’s voice was heard. She caught her just as she pulled away from a small but yet lustful kiss shared with Montgomery de la Cruz.

She pursed her lips, waiting for her to walk away. When she did, she had closed her locker shut and snuck up from behind him.

‘’Does there need to be a Jeff Atkins approval list in order for you to screw around?’’ She remarks as she walks around from behind him, replacing the available spot Amanda stood only seconds ago.

‘’Ha ha,’’ He flatly let out.

‘’But seriously,’’ She egged on. She swinged her hips towards his and asked with a sly smirk playing on her lips, ‘’How did that happen?’’

He slammed his locker shut while shrugging his shoulders. ‘’Let’s see.. You hurt me, your boyfriend had hurt her. When you’re sad and drunk, shit happens.’’

‘’Shit,’’ She breathes out. They began to walk down the hall together. ‘’I wish you could have went for better, but I guess I shouldn’t be the one to say of all people.’’

He smiled meekly. ‘’You guessed right.’’

‘’I’m still so sorry,’’ Devin turned to him with a cringed. ‘’I mean, I really-’’

Monty threw his head back and groaned. ‘’Oh my god, I can’t believe I’m saying this but stop saying sorry.’’

Devin had opened her mouth to protest until she was stopped by Hannah Baker, the brunnette that came running up to her with a breathless grin on her face.

‘’I made another friend,’’ She tells her, feeling accomplished with her state of being in the new town.

Devin smiled, genuinely happy for her. ‘’Really?’’

‘’Yeah,’’ She nods her head. Hannah was now walking along side Montgomery and Devin without even realizing, becoming a trio down the crowded halls that Tuesday morning. ‘’Her name’s Kat. You know her?’’

Devin tilts her head to the side. ‘’I know of her. The senior, right?’’

‘’Mhm,’’ She hums, nodding her head to confirm her question.

‘’And you are?’’ Monty craned his neck forward to look at Hannah pass from Devin.

Devin slapped his arm and tighten her lips when mumbling to him, ‘’Don’t.’’