↷ TWENTY EIGHT

''Devin, hun

''Devin, hun..''

''What, mom?'' Devin fires. She sat in the backseat of the car the next afternoon while Matthew Greene sat himself in the passenger seat. Alyssa Greene turned her body haphazardly to face her.

Ever since Devin came home last night, both her mother and her brother were worried. They never seen her like this, so closed off and cold.

Something happened between her and Jeff. Something bad, and it irked Matthew's soul that he couldn't figure out what it was. Maybe he should've listened to his pestering instincts and sneak onto the upper level to listen in closely. But he thought it'd be best to give them their space, that at the end of the day, they'll be alright.

Boy, was he wrong.

''You know you didn't have to come,'' She assures softly, but those words only contradicted her instead of soothing.

''I'm going,'' She sternly claims.

''Okay,'' She mumbles. She turns herself around and ignites the engine.

It wasn't until they arrived at Morrison's Park where Devin never felt more relieved to leave the small vehicle where she had no choice but to sit with her curious mother and neutral brother.

She smiled at those who greeted her but never initiated a full greeting back. Instead, she finds a seat at an empty table settled up under a tree.

She furrows her brows as she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulls it out to find a text listed at the top of her lock screen.

chica

seriously? i haven't been gone for a whole month and you and jeff already broke up??

Her brows seemed to knit even closer towards each other as she unlocks her phone to the conversation.

did Hannah tell you??

chica

Hannah didn't even know until I sent her a screenshot of Jeff's page

what's on Jeff's page?

chica

you seriously don't know??

Tired of playing around Kat's riddles, Devin decided to take action and go on Instagram. Typing up his user in the search engine, she clicks on his page to find all their photos together deleted. As if their history was never marked through social media.

However, there was a new post.

771 likes 8 comments

@jeffbank; soon off to Puerto Rico

@sheribby; Pero, where's Devin?

@jeffbank; clearly not with me @sheribby

@chelsboo; am i bugging or is devin deleted off of his page??

@bigbry; did you finally realize what a bitch devin's been?

@bigbry; apology accepted for that time you attacked me bro

@jeffbank; never apologized, never will @bigbry

@dev.xo; tag me next time "bro" @bigbry

Devin Dm'd the post into a personal chat between herself and Jeffery Atkins.

@dev.xo

did you really need to flee the country because of last night

@jeffbank

we need space Devin

@dev.xo

so you're really breaking up with me?

seen; 12:34 pm

Her ears felt hot, her nostrils were flared and her fists were clenched. How could he break things off with her and not even bother to tell her why?

Out of the heat of the moment, Devin went through his settings and blocked his account. From this point forward, Jeffery Atkins was dead to her.

''You know,'' Justin slides into the seat across from her with this sly smirk plastered on his lips. ''Chelsea has a point. Looks like you and Jeff are over?''

She rolls her eyes. ''What the hell do you want, Foley?''

His features fell flat. ''Holy shit, you guys really did break up?''

''I'm not going to repeat myself, Justin.''

He cringed. ''Listen, Devin, on a serious level, I'm sorry to hear that.''

She shakes her head. ''Don't be. Shits been changing for a while now.''

''Hey,'' She looks up at him. ''I know a way to blow off some steam. Help you forget a little.''

From this point forward, this was the beginning of the end for Devin Greene.