↷ THIRTY SEVEN

''Kim Kardashian wasn't always sexy

''Kim Kardashian wasn't always sexy.''

''No,'' Marcus barks at Justin, pointing an accusing finger at him before exclaiming, ''Kylie wasn't always sexy!''

Devin Greene sat with Zach Dempsey, Marcus Cole, Bryce Walker and Justin Foley that Thursday afternoon in the cafeteria. She was originally here for Zach, yet, unfortunately, this was crowd. Though, she did hang out when those when necessary, it didn't mean she much enjoyed their company.

Her chin was rested in her hand that was propped against the table. Her dull brown eyes traveled along the moving beans on her plate.

Apparently, the Kardashian was the hourly topic.

''Kylie had the potential,'' Bryce argues.

Zach's features tightened into a cringe. ''No she didn't!''

''Guys,'' Justin waved his hands out. ''Can we just agree that they both came out looking like a fish?''

Devin rolls her eyes at the madness Justin created at the table. No wonder Kat was always running around. She would've too if she dated one of these bafoons.

Dropping her spork on her plate, she gets up with her tray to toss out the food she never bothered to taste.

She turned around once she tossed the tray in the garbage bin and stopped herself in her tracks at the sight of Hannah Baker eating by herself.

Besides two other people who sat on the opposite end as her, the table was completely empty.

Devin purses her lips and cling her clasped hands against her clothed stomach.

She needed to talk to her at one point. She owes it to Hannah after avoiding her for all this time.

But what if Hannah didn't want to be bothered? What if her acts were unforgivable?

A loud whistle was heard in the cafeteria, breaking Devin Greene from her thoughts.

''A fine dime, right?'' A male voice compliments. There was a satisfy hum that followed along the lines of that comment.

The brunette turns her head to find an entire end of a table dedicated to a crowd of freshman boys. More importantly, the leader of this pack, was displaying a sparkling million dollar smile her way. He was known as Caleb Otero.

''I thought I told you, I'm not interested?'' She questions aloud, turning her body to face him and sliding her arms to fold against her chest.