Chapter Fifteen (pt. 10)

Tima

Talkative Tima. She knew what people called her when her back was turned. There was only one person she would allow to say it to her face, however. Ivy became her best friend the moment they met that first night in The Square, though she had not known it at the time.

The news of Ivy's banishment made her sad. Though not as sad as it would have made her if she did not have J.J. to confide in. She had cried because she wanted to feel even sadder. What a horrible friend she must be.

Upon Ivy's return, surprised would not be an accurate representation of how Tima felt. She had the strange feeling of déjà vu as Ivy and the group of people behind her entered. As if that moment had happened before, perhaps in another life. An assignment was what she had been given and she would do the best she could.

The announcement came as she walked to the nursing home. Equipped with the muscle and several trolleys, she stormed in. Powerful she was when she ordered all the ivy plants be extracted.

"Who do you think you are?" exclaimed the lady at the front desk, ironically named Ivy.

"Tima Stane," said Tima with a firm nod of her head. She strolled past to survey the process.

Over a dozen ivy plants weighed down the trolleys on which they were carried. Once out the door, the receptionist called out, "I'm calling President Khamar, right now!"

"Tell him I said hello," said Tima without a glance back.

She brought the plants to the middle of The Square and ordered the muscle to guard them. People stared and she stared back. That was cake.