106

Hayes's POV

"Oh....shit" I yelled, running outside. "What happened?" Lox asked.

I jumped into the pool, and grabbed Ambra, who was still completely asleep. I pulled her to the surface and Lox helped me get her on the lawn. "Call 911" I yelled.

I pulled Ambra's hair out her face. "Common, please wake up"

"Is she breathing?" Lox said, on the phone. "No" I said. "Does she have a pulse?" I checked. "Yea, barely, but yea"

Lox put the 911 operator on speaker.

"OK, sir, an ambulance is on the way, please remain calm! I-" "Remain calm? Remain calm? How can I remain calm? My girlfrie-my good friend is so drunk she can't wake up, and almost drowned!"

"I am aware of the situation, but for her sake, please stay calm and do as told. Take two hands, place them on her chest, directly in the center of the breast bone. Then, push down 30 times"

I did. "Now what?" "Hold her nose, give her two full breathes, then repeat everything"

I repeated, about ten times, until she woke up, coughing up water. I patted her back as she spit up water, beer, and vomit. "What's-going-" she started trying to talk as she coughed. "Shhh, it's OK" I said.

After coughing, and vomiting, she layed her head on my shoulder.

Lox was standing at the driveway, as the ambulance pulled up.

Ambra was falling asleep on my shoulder. "Thank-Thank you H-Hayes" she mumbled, almost asleep. "It's fine. But you gotta stay awake. For the doctors" I said, softly. "What doctors?" She whispered. "The ones I called" "Why?" "You almost died" She sat up right. "I did?"

I laughed. "Yea" She layed back down. "But I'm so tired" "I would be, too. But here they come. I'll see you in a bit, Ambra" "Bye, baby" she mumbled, as they started to pick her up.

I knew she only called me that cause she was half asleep, still a little drunk, and just almost drowned. But it killed me, because I missed it so much. I missed her so much.

Let's just come to the realization that...both Ambra and Nash ended up in the ER, on the same day, only within hours, at the same house, for completely different reasons.

What a day!

5+ comments