"The Truth"

"Who is it?" Elayn's father asked from behind the door. "It's me, Elayn." Elayn responded as she stood in front of the door waiting for it to open. Elayn's father opened the door and looked at his daughter. "Elayn its you!" He exclaimed as he hugged her tightly. "Hey dad." Elayn said with a smile as she hugged him back. Elayn's father set her down and looked at her. "What brings you by? I thought you were in California with Andy." He said as he moved out the way to let Elayn in. "Well funny story dad I left and I was wondering if I could crash here for a couple of days until I find a place." Elayn said as she set her bags down and looked at her father. "Amy Elayn's here!" Her father yelled throughout the house to get her mothers attention. "Elayn's home?!" Her mother yelled as she ran out of the kitchen and hugged Elayn. "Hey mom." Elayn said with a chuckle as she hugged her mother back. "Where's your brother?" She asked as she looked at Elayn. "About that, he's still in California and like I was asking dad do you mind if I crash here for a while until I find my own place?" Elayn asked her mother as she looked at her with hopeful eyes. Elayn's mother smiled. "Yes, honey, you can stay here as long as you want." She said to Elayn with a smile as she ran her hand through Elayn's hair. "Thanks mom and dad." Elayn said with a smile as she walked down a hallway to her old room with her bags in hand.

'It feels so good to be home I really missed mom and dad and now I can spend time with them before I leave again.' Elayn thought as she walked into her old room and set her bags on her bed.

"Should we tell her?" Amy asked Chris. Chris shook his head. "When the time is right we will tell her but not now I want Andy and Elayn to be in the same room when we tell her."Chris said as he smiled weakly at Amy. Amy nodded her head and looked down the hallway Elayn's room is in.

'Come on hurry up and land. I need to get to Elayn now.' Andy thought as he waited for the last hour to pass by.

Andy sat in his plane seat waiting for the plane to finally deploy. "Come on come on." Andy said as he tapped his foot anxiously waiting. The plane finally landed and Andy was able to get off of the plane. "Fucking finally." Andy said to himself as he raced out of the airport and hailed himself a taxi. "Where to?" The taxi driver asked Andy this taxi driver just so happened to be the same one that Elayn had talked to about three hours ago. Andy gave the driver his parents address and sat back in the seat looking out the window. "Wow you're the second person to go to that house today." The driver said with a chuckle as he drove towards the house. Andy's eyes widen. "Wait, was the first person to ask a girl that looked about twenty-four?" Andy asked as he leaned forward in his seat. "Yeah, she was she also had a pretty face too." The driver responded as he pulled up to Andy's parents house. Andy got a bit jealous when the driver said that about Elayn but he pushed his feelings aside and paid the driver while getting out of the taxi and walked up the sidewalk to the front door of his childhood home. The taxi driver drove off as Andy casually walked into the house and looked around. "Mom, dad I'm home!" Andy yelled throughout the house to catch everyones attention. Elayn jolted up at the sound of Andy's voice and locked her bedroom door. "Andy what a surprise." Amy said as she raced out of the dinning room and hugged Andy. "Hey mom. Where's dad?" Andy asked with a smile as he hugged his mom tightly. "I'm right here son." Chris said as he walked in from the garage and walked up to Andy and Amy hugging them both. Andy smiled and hugged his dad. "It's great to see you Andy," Amy said with a smile. "Elayn is here too she barely got here a few hours ago." Amy said as she pulled back from Andy and her smile slightly faded. "I knew she was here." Andy said as he looked at his mom and dad for a brief second before looking down the hallway. "Guys I will be right back I need to talk to her." Andy said as he walked down the hallway to Elayn's room and knocked on her door. Amy looked at Chris and nodded her head. "So I guess now is a good time to tell them?" Amy asked Chris with sorrow filled eyes. "Yeah, honey, its better for them to know now than to find out later." Chris said as he looked at Amy with a faint smile on his face. Amy nodded her head and looked down the hallway at Andy who is knocking on Elayn's old bedroom door. "Elayn, come on let me in." Andy pleaded as he twisted the doorknob. Elayn sat on her bed and glared at the door. "No, go away Andy. Why the hell did you even follow me?" Elayn asked as she stood up in front of the door. "Elayn, open the damn door and I will tell you." Andy said as he tried to trick Elayn into opening the door. Elayn, hesitantly, opened the door and looked at Andy. "Why did you follow me?" Elayn asked again but this time Andy pushed his way into Elayn's room and closed the door behind him wrapping his arms around Elayn's waist and pulling her closer to him and passionately kissed her. "That's why. Elayn I followed you because I love you." Andy said as he pulled back and looked at Elayn with a smile on his face. Elayn smiled and wrapped her arms around Andy's neck and kissed him back. "I love you too, Andy, but you didn't have to follow me. I don't plan on coming home." Elayn said as she looked at Andy with sorrow filled eyes. Andy sighed and looked at Elayn. "I know but I am still going to try and change your mind." Andy said with a smile as he looked at Elayn and let her go. Elayn slightly laughed. "Well, you're shit out of luck, Andy." Elayn said as she let go of Andy and chuckled at him. "Elayn, Andy come here your mother and I have to talk to you." Chris yelled down the hallway waiting for Elayn and Andy to come out. Andy looked at Elayn and nodded his head. "Okay, hold on." Andy yelled back as he gave Elayn one last kiss and walked out of her room. Elayn waited a bit until she couldn't see Andy in the hallway and walked out of her room walking into the living room. "Yeah, what's going on?" Andy asked as he sat on the couch in front of his parents. "Sit down, we have to talk to you." Chris said as he looked at Elayn. Elayn sat down next to Andy and looked at her parents. "What is it? What's going on?" Elayn asked as she looked at her parents a bit worried. Amy sighed as Chris held her hand and she looked up at Elayn. "Elayn, honey, there is something we have to tell you." Amy said as her eyes filled with sorrow and she met Elayn's gaze. Elayn looked at her parents with worried filled eyes. "What is it?" Elayn asked cautiously. "Elayn...you're adopted." Chris said as he looked at Elayn. Elayn's eyes widen at the news and she stood up looking down at her so called parents. "W-what? You've got to be kiding me you're lying!" Elayn yelled frantically with a slight laugh between words. Chris and Amy look up at Elayn. "Elayn, we aren't lying we were waiting for the right time to tell you...we're sorry." Amy said as she stood up and looked Elayn in the eyes. Andy stood up and walked over to Elayn's side and held her hand. "Hey its going to be okay." Andy said as he tried his best to calm Elayn down. "I'm fine, Andy, don't worry." Elayn said with an ensuring smile. "Thanks for the wonderful childhood Chris and Amy. I'm glad I could be accepted into such a loving family now if you will excuse me I will be going now." Elayn said as she let go of Andy's hand and walked down to her room and packed everything back up.

'I'm adopted? Wow I've kind of known all along but knowing that what I thought was true hurts but I guess this is also a good thing...this means that Andy and I can be together officially now since we are not related.' Elayn thought to herself as she packed up her stuff with a sigh as I tear fell from her eye.