SNOWBALL 1983

"I told you mum! I'm not going. School dances are stupid" Mike furrowed his eyebrows.
Nancy looked at Mike and her mother from the hallway. Nancy knew something was up with Mike. Today he had been sad, and mad.
Nancy walked into the kitchen.
"Mum you go with Holly and have a nice night. I'll stay with Mike"
"Nancy, you are already dressed up... Go to the dance, I will be alright." Mike said.
"No. I'm staying. Now you go mom!"
Nancy grinned at her mother. She looked at the siblings and sighed.
She finally nodded and kissed Mike and Nancy's forehead.
"I'll be back before eleven"
Mike's heart skipped a beat for a second. He brushed it off and nodded.
-
Karen left the house and Nancy and Mike were left alone.
Mike was sitting on the couch, waiting for her sister to put her pajamas on.
Mike couldn't stop thinking about Eleven. This was supposed to be their night.
He promised he would bring her to the Snowball. And he never did.
Nancy walked down the stairs and sat down next to Mike, pressing her knees to her chest.
"Are you gonna tell me now what's wrong with you?"
Mike furrowed his eyebrows.
"What? I'm okay" He left out a fake chuckle.
"Mike"
Mike looked at her sister, she had a disbelief look on her face.
Mike sighed. He looked down at his feet.
"Remember...." Mike gulped "Remember Eleven?" His throat burned, he had never dared to say her name out loud after what happened.
Nancy saw how hard he was trying to hold back his emotions.
She scooped a little closer to Mike.
"Yeah, I do"
"Well... The..." Mike sighed.
"Hey... It's okay" She gave him a reassuring smile
He faintly smiled.
"The night she died. I asked her to the Snowball"
Nancy's jaw slightly dropped.
"I-I promised her I would bring her there... But I never got the chance" He said, starting to crack up.
Nancy quickly wrapped her arms around his brother, he immediately started sobbing.
After a few minutes, Nancy was brushing Mike's hair, still holding him tight.
Mike was starting to relax, but he felt like he needed to get it all out.
"I loved her Nancy" He almost whispered.
Those words made Nancy's heart break.
"I'm sure she loved you too, Mike" She said.
Mike slightly smiled to himself, remembering all of those little moments he passed with her, all of the little moments that made him fall in love with her.
-
This is so sad I'm sorry. I hoped you enjoyed.
:)