Broken Ankles.

Age: 16-17
-

"Okay, Michael! We're ready down here!"

"Okay!"

Mike turned to El, who was sitting down on her bed, looking down at her ankle.

"Does it hurt a lot?"

El gulped and nodded.

Mike walked to El, he kneeled down and placed a hand on the back of her thighs and the other on her back, grabbing her.

"Mike, you don't need to carry me, put me down"

"Now, we both know that's not going to happen, princess" He gave her a goofy grin.

El playfully rolled her eyes and kissed his cheek. She placed her arms around his neck and sighed.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready" She said, not looking away from her ankle.

"Ouch"

"Sorry"

She moaned in pain.

"I know it hurts, we're almost there. Just hold on a little longer"

-

Mike softly knocked on the hospital room's door before slowly opening the door. She found El laying down on a bed, with her foot all bandaged and resting on top of a pillow. El's eyes lit up as soon as Mike stepped into the room. She sat up as he closed the door and walked up to her.

"Hi" She softly said.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, taking her hand.

El shrugged. "I'm fine I guess, it doesn't hurt if I don't move it".

Mike nodded, sadly looking at her ankle. He looked down at her hand and moved his thumb against her skin.

"Are you okay?" She softly asked.

"Yeah" He said, not looking up at her.

El placed her other hand on his chin and tilted his head up.

"Mike. What's wrong?"

Mike tried to lie, but he felt hypnotized when he looked at those big brown as he fell in love with. He couldn't lie.

"I just- I could've been-"

"No. It was not your fault, Mike. I was the selfish one who wanted to ride through the woods by myself at midnight. Even though you told me it wasn't safe. Plus, I'll be able to walk in a few weeks, it's not that big of a deal"

Mike nodded.

El brought her hands to the sides of his face and leaned him down, connecting their lips for a few seconds.

El chewed her bottom lip when they leaned back.

"I love you" She whispered, opening her eyes.

Mike smiled.

"I love you too"

-

I bet you never thought I'd update this soon lol! I hope you liked it. Remember, if you have any requests make sure to hit my PMs! Thank you for reading ❤️

-b