I dare you

Requested by @megmax679

[Age: 13-14]

"I dare you to ignore El, to treat her as bad as you can for a couple of hours"

"I'm not doing that!" He crossed his arms.

"Mike, you know; a dare is a dare. You have to do it" Lucas shrugged.

-
Mike walked slowly to his portal, afraid of what was coming, what he would have to do in a few seconds.

He gulped, placing the keys on the doorknob and opening the door.

"Mike!" El cried, running up the stairs and throwing her arms around him.

As much as Mike was tempted to hug her back, he didn't. In fact, he kind of pushed her off.

El furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at him.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

Mike forcefully rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I'm okay" He walked passed her, walking up to his room and leaving El in the middle of the room.

Alone.

-

Mike sniffled and furrowed his eyebrows. He sat up of his bed. The strong smell of... burned... Eggos?

"El?" He shouted, getting up from his bed and opening the door.

As he walked down the stairs the smell got stronger and stronger.

He finally got into the kitchen, seeing a bunch of burned eggos and El trying to turn off the toaster.

And as much as he wanted to help her, tell her it was okay, and make some eggos with her, he didn't. He did something that even hurt himself.

"What the hell?" He shouted.

Eleven quickly turned around, he could see how guilty she felt just by her face.

"I-m so sorry, Mike I was trying to make some eggos and and" She stuttered, whilst Mike quickly turned of the toaster and took the eggos out.

"Can you just shut up? Why are you always doing everything wrong? Just shut up already, Eleven!" He shouted.

Her mouth slightly hung open. She didn't have words. Her stomach flipped upside down, her throat burned. Tears started forming in her eyes. What had hurt the most was Mike calling her Eleven. He never did. He thought it was cruel calling her after the name Papa called her for so many years.

But he just did.

-

"Mike?" She softly said, knocking on his door.

"What do you want?"

El sniffled and breathed in some air.

"Can I come in?"

"Fine"

Eleven opened the door. Mike was already standing up. And he swore to here his heart break, seeing the girl he loved so much with a plate of eggos in hand and her eyes red from crying.

"I made you some eggos... I tried again. I'm sorry for the mess I made down there. Also, I made you this" She silently said, not daring to look up at him.

She handed him a red heart shaped card. He looked at it, taking it.

I'm sorry Mike. I love you. It read.

Mike's heart melted, and he felt so weak. He just wanted to hold her and maybe even kiss her.

Mike just couldn't take it anymore, he couldn't take it any longer.

But he had too.

He ripped the card and threw the eggos to the floor.

"I swear Eleven, If you annoy me one more time, I'll bring you back to the lab!"

Eleven gasped and she started sobbing and crying again.

Even Mike's eyes had formed tears.

El rushed out of the room and went into Nancy's.

He was done by now. He didn't care about the stupid dare.

Mike opened Nancy's door to find El curled up in a ball, whispering to herself whilst sobbing.

"You love Mike, but he hates you"

"He'll send you back to the lab"

Mike ran quickly up to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"El I'm so sorry. It was all a dare. I don't hate you. I love you. I would never send you back to the lab. Never. And I loved your card. And the eggos thingy, screw that, it's okay, we can fix it"

El looked up at him.

Mike rubbed her cheek.

"I should've never agreed to do that dare. I'm sorry. Please forgive me"

El nodded.

"Please don't do it again" She whispered.

Mike frantically shook his head.

"Okay, I forgive you" She smiled.

Mike placed his full hand on her cheek, pulling her up and kissing her.

They leaned back.

"How about we go and make another card, huh?"

-

So I hope you guys enjoyed! I'm sorry If there's any mistake, I didn't have time to review, I'll check it out later!

THE ST2 TRAILER IS SO GOOD OMMGGG. I'm so excited!!

Thank you for reading, and I'll see you in my next story!

-B