happy birthday

Age: Eleven is 15 and Mike is turning 16.

-

El's eyes fluttered open. She sighed as she snuggled closer to Mike. Mike breathed in heavily as he unconsciously buried his face on the crook of her neck. El closed her eyes again in attempt of going back to sleep, since it was Saturday.

Wait.

El opened her eyes.

It's his birthday!

She bit her lip thinking of the surprise she and the gang had been preparing for weeks. It was going to be awesome.

She slowly turned around and he groaned as his face fell from her neck. She silently giggled. She had fully turned to him. He sighed as he pulled her closer to him, placing his chin on the top of her head as he continued to breathe heavily.

She playfully rolled her eyes, and as tempting as his warmth was to stay there and just go back to sleep, she decided not to.

"Mike" she whispered.

She looked up at him and poked his cheek.

"Mike"

"Mhm?" He said without opening his eyes.

"Happy Birthday"

Still with closed eyes, he smiled widely and pulled El even closer to him.

"Thank you babe" He rubbed her back with his hands and kissed her head.

"I love you" He said.

"I love you too" She smiled into his chest.

They stood there for a while and El's eyelids couldn't help but fall.

"Can we sleep for a little more?" She asked.

"Yes, of course" He said with his raspy voice.

El nodded and he kissed her head once more, before placing his chin back on the top of it.

-

Mike stirred in his sleep as he grew awake from soft pokes on his cheeks.

He opened his eyes to see Eleven looking down at his cheeks and nose, just below his eyes.

"What are you doing?" He lightly chuckled.

She met his eyes, "Counting your freckles" She whispered, before her eyes turned back down below his eyes.

Mike's lips turned upwards.

"You're adorable" He said in a raspy voice.

El slightly blushed and looked down. He lifted her chin up and kissed her cheek.

"Happy Birthday... again"

"Thanks, El" He pulled her closer, embracing her.

El pulled back and looked up at him, quickly and unexpectedly (for Mike) connecting their lips, Mike breathed through his nose as he placed a hand to her cheek, pulling her closer.

A loud knock on the door made them pull away quickly. Mike sighed.

"Yes?"

"Mike, sweetie, you're up? Breakfast is ready!"

"I'll be down in a second!"

Mike and El relaxed as they heard Karen's footsteps walk away.

El laughed as she let her body fall to the bed.

Mike smiled and leaned down, pecking her lips. El cupped his face in her hands, letting their lips linger.

"Let's go downstairs?"

El chewed her bottom lip and nodded. Mike pecked her lips once more before standing up, her soon following behind.

-

Do you want a part 2?

Last one shot before Season 2!! I'm so exciteddd woop !!

Thanks for reading, ly!

-milxvenn