Chapter 1

Percy entered the kitchen quietly, trying not to make a sound at the dead of night

    Percy entered the kitchen quietly, trying not to make a sound at the dead of night. She had another nightmare. Another night wasted by images of Tartarus stuck in her head. She and Annabeth had fell in together, but Percy got the worst end of the trip. Annabeth was also getting nightmares, however she didn't see Tartarus for how it actually was. How she saw it was ten times better than Percy had, and Percy didn't want it any other way.

As she got halfway through the kitchen, the light switch turned on and in her full glory was Sally Jackson. Percy's eyes widened as she realised one thing. She can't get out. Dam it! She screamed silently.

"Percy, sweetheart, where are you going?" Sally said with concern painted on her face. Percy stared at the floor, occasionally fidgeting with her thumbs as her ADHD took over.

"Nowhere mom, where would I go?" Percy asked sweetly, trying to get her mother to believe her and leave.

Sally sighed out and took a seat, motioning for Percy to join her in the seat across from her. "Sweety, I've seen you sneak out before. Is everything alright?" Sally asked trying to be a stern parent when everyone knew she would never do anything to Percy. Sally was too soft to actually do anything. Even when Percy never lasted more than a year in school, Sally just shook her head, asked for an explanation, and told her that everything was OK.

Percy flashed a worry look of her own toward her mother as her mother just sat in the seat patiently, waiting for Percy to give her an answer.

"Mom, please go back to bed. I'm alright, it's nothing."

Sally raised her eyebrow at that and put her head in her hands. "Percy, we can't help you if you keep doing this."

"Doing what mom?" She replied a bit stiffly yet confusingly.

"You can't keep shutting everyone out. We want to help you. We need to help you. And you need help. Just because you don't think anyone cares doesn't mean that's true." Sally breathed out shakily, head still in her hands.

"Mom," Percy countered back while barely holding in a yawn. "I don't know what you are talking about. I just couldn't fall asleep and decided to get a glass of water. I am not shutting anyone out and I definitely don't need help." As she said this, her patience with her mom still there was wearing thin.

   "A glass of water?" Sally asked, disbelief showcased clearly on her face. "I've been hearing you get out of bed Persephone," she said, her voice raising with every word spoken. "I have mom senses, I know when something is wrong. Especially when it's concerning my baby girl. For the past two weeks I've been watching you come here when you think everyone went to bed. I've watched you go outside, and then come back in the morning, exhaustion clear as day on your face."

   "Mom....listen," Percy said quietly in a whisper, trying not to lose her temper. She doesn't fight with her mom. Ever. So this happening is a huge bump in their relationship.