Chapter 18

Rose is in the library, she seems to be sick

Rose is in the library, she seems to be sick. Damon enters her carrying a blood bag while Percy follows with many others piled up in her arms.

"I was born in 1450, that makes me 560 years old."

"Well, if you were a bottle of wine..." Damon joked, causing Percy to crack a smile.

"So I can die. I've lived long enough." The dying vampire finished.

"You know, if you're gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of your misery." Damon deadpanned as he puts blood from the bag into a glass. "Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite."

"Just a little, fatal to a vampire werewolf bite." Percy finished, trying not

"Well, according to a legend which is notoriously unreliable source. Drink up." With that, he gives her the glass of blood. "Blood heals."

"Damon, you can't just not take in a legend and say its false. All legends come with truth in them. And you can't dismiss what might have the ability to kill you." Percy advised, reaching through a bag she bad with her to pull out a book she had taken from this library a day or two ago.

Rose looks at Percy for a good moment, contemplating what the demigod said, before she brings the glass to her lips and drinks.

"Yeah, it does feel like it's working."

"Let's have a look, come on. Let me see." Damon encouraged with a smile.

Rose turns and let's the two have a look at the bite mark. Looking at the bite mark, Percy realises it has gotten much worse and has spread further down her back.

Rose hopefully asks, "How is it?"

"Definitely...better." Damon answers. "Isn't that right, Percy?"

"It looks better than it had before.... Right, Elena?" Percy tried not to gag at how it looked. She turned the question onto Elena because she had heard her step in. Super hearing, remember? And she had gotten used to the doppelganger's kinda soft step pattern.

Elena is in the room and seemed to be shocked by Rose's wounds. Rose looks at her with hope filled eyes.

"Um, it's not bad." The doppelganger hesitantly spoke.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked, giving Percy a look because she had proceeded to walk towards Rose and touched it.

She drew back her hand as she watched Rose hiss in pain.

"He left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but I think that's gonna upset Elijah." Elena answers, watching as Percy pondered about the bite, wondering if she should try the water healing trick she does.

"No, can do. I'm with Stefan on this one but if you could play nurse for a little while..." Damon suggested, looking at Elena before also turning towards Percy with that suggestion.