Chapter 12

"I'm heading out to the park to meet up with Damon!" Percy yelled through her house while she stood at her front door wearing a grey crop top and a royal blue skirt that reached about an inch above her knees, so fingertip length

    "Am I supposed to be worried about this Damon guy?" Paul questioned as he walked down the stairs in sweatpants a white T-shirt, his hair a big mess. He didn't need to work though, Poseidon assured both him and Percy that any money they'd ever need would be from him.

     "No, he's nothing to worry about." Percy said while giving him a soft smile.

      Percy walked out the front door while making a mental check of everything as she entered her car. Keys? Check. Phone? Check. Handbag? Check. Wallet? Check.

    After that, she started the cars engine before pulling out of the driveway, making her way towards the public park in Mystic Falls.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

     "So what's today?" Percy asked Stefan as they walked together on the grass. She had found Stefan while she was parking, and decided that neither of them should have to be lonely.

     "It's the Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day. Preparations are underway. Carol Lockwood is the one giving the speech. Have you guys met?" Stefan listed off before asking, receiving a nod from the daughter of Poseidon.

    "This is all part of the historical society, continuing efforts to give back to the community. Thanks to the generous donation of the Fell family. We are now standing on the sight of our newest public park. Thank you to everyone who has shown up today to lend a helping hand. Thanks." Carol Lockwood said before getting off the stage that was set up.

    Stefan and Percy then spot Mason, who was currently removing boxes from his trunk, before walking up to him.

     "Stefan right? The other Salvatore." Mason remarked while still picking up boxes from inside the trunk. 

     "The nice one. The one offering an apology." Stefan confirmed, trying to worm his way into getting Damon out of the situation.

   "Not interested."

   "Look, my brother acted impulsively."

   "Understatement of the year." Percy muttered with her arms crossed at the same time Mason asked "You think?"

    "If you and Damon keep at each other throats, somebody innocent is going to get hurt and I don't want that. You have family here so I can imagine you'd want that either. So what do you say we just quit the whole alpha male fighting thing and call a truce?"

     "I made that same offer to your brother. He turned it down with a knife."

    "But I didn't! Yet you still threatened me!"