Chapter 35

Stefan wakes up to find Rebekah standing near the open back door while Percy was still asleep on her pillow bed, but this time with an extra blanket or two over her

     "Oh, he lives." Rebekah dryly commented in distaste. 

    "What happened?"

     "You took a beating. My brother's been breaking your neck all afternoon. Quite the temper." Rebekah carelessly said as she kept her eyes on him and his reactions.

    "What about Percy?" The Salvatore asked as he looked at Percy with concern, not understanding what was wrong,"

     "Oh, she had a rough time last night. Klaus took care of it," Rebekah said with a wave of her hand. 

   "Why did he bring us back to Mystic Falls?" Stefan asked, his eyes widening as he thought of the worse scenarios about how Klaus 'took care of it'.

   "You can stop playing dumb now. It didn't take him long to figure out what you've been hiding." Rebekah said in a bored tone. 

    "I'm not hiding anything," Stefan denied, "I've done everything Klaus has asked me to."

     "No, you just failed to mention that the doppelgänger's still alive." Rebekah pointed out. 

    "Where is Klaus now?"

    "With any luck, ripping that cow's bloody head off."

     At this comment, Stefan rushes at her and they both fly out of the truck and onto the ground, him on top of her, "Where is she?"  

   "You really do love her, don't you?" Rebekah spat at him before she got up and pushed him against the truck, punched him, then takes a crowbar. 

   To finish it off, she puts the hook of the crowbar behind his neck and pulls him toward her, "Consider me jealous," she ends up driving the crowbar through his stomach.

     As he hunched over in pain, she ran over to a shaking Percy, who was still not having much of a peaceful sleep and was also burning up. 

    She shook the demigod, trying to wake her up, before giving up and grabbing onto the demigod and securing her arms around her before taking off by running, hoping that she was either going to wake up mid-run or after they got to the destination. 

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

     "Do you think Matt's going to be okay?" Percy heard Caroline ask somebody as she rubbed her eyes and tried to wipe away the eye-boogers and the blurriness. 

    "I'm kissing you and you're wondering about your ex-boyfriend?" She heard a voice say. Who is that? I don't think I've really heard that voice much or before.