Chapter 28

Damon is sitting at the bar, observing the werewolf bite on his inner forearm while Katherine and Percy stand over him, also closely watching the bite

    "So that's what a werewolf bite looks like." Katherine says in a bit of awe. I guess her and Mason weren't into biting each other then.

    Damon nods, "Yep."

     "It's not that bad."

     "Will be." He then stands up and rolls his sleeve down, covering the bite.

     "So that's it? You're just...going to die?" Wouldn't you just love that.

    "Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?"

    Katherine shakes her head, causing Damon to sigh out, "Me, either."

     Damon grabs his jacket off the couch and puts it on before looking at Percy expectantly. 

     "145 years and no last good-bye?" Katherine asks as she watches Percy chug down her water then move to the raven haired vampire's side. 

     "You don't get a good-bye." Damon turns away from her, causing Katherine to vamp-speed in front of him, placing her hand on his chest.

    "No. Don't leave mad." Katherine protested. No! Don't use any of your seduction vampire powers whatever! It's making me hate you more and more!

     "Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." Damon attempts to leave again while grabbing hold of Percy, but Katherine persists.

     "Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice."

     "That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice."

      "It was her or me. I chose her." And now I've lost all respect for her.

      "I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?"

     "I didn't let love get in the way."

    "Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine." Damon walks past Katherine, with Percy giving Katherine the stink eye, not caring that the brunette flinched right away.

      "What are you going to do?" The vampire asks as she watches the two step outside. 

     Damon turns and looks at Katherine, "I'm going to offer myself as a replacement to Klaus." Wait what!?

     Katherine shook her head, "He won't take you. He saw your bite, he said that your blood is impure. I'm sorry, Damon. But Jenna's dead, there's nothing you can do about it.'