Chapter 44

Cover creds: solitary_wiccan_

     Percy woke up with a crash to the ground and her hair a mess, having stayed up most of the night because of how she did not want to go to the dream-filled world of sleep. 

    "Ow." 

     She heard light thumps on the wooden floors as she comfortably rested her head on her wooden floors, trying to close her eyes to fall asleep on the floors. 

     However, barely a couple seconds later, the door flew open and Paul ran in with Estelle in his hand, who was drinking from her bottle happily. 

     "Are you okay?!" 

     "Peachy," Percy mumbled as she tried to keep her eyes closed and lifted her thumb up in a 'good' gesture. 

      "The sarcasm was well appreciated," Paul said back to her after a few moments of awkward silence. 

     He then placed Estelle on the ground next to Percy before heading out of the room and closing the door behind him. 

     "Hey cutie," Percy acknowledged as she squinted through her heavy eyelids. 

       Estelle answered her by dropping her half-empty baby bottle and started to gurgle and giggle while placing her hand on Percy's face.

      "Yeah, I get it. You have tiny hands that seem to love touching things," Percy muttered, being a grouch since she did not wake up in an ideal way, "But that doesn't mean you have to explore my face with them." 

     Estelle's only reply was to give another giggle as she patted her sister's cheek, and while also giving a wide smile. 

     "Yeah, yeah. You're cute. Don't rub it in," Percy grinned as she gently pulled her sister's hand off of her face before sitting up slowly and rubbing out the sleepiness in her eyes. 

     By the way, this tactic does not really help that much.   

     "What are our plans today?" Percy asked as she stood up shakily and made her way to her closet. 

     Receiving no response, she turned back to only facepalm. 

      "Right. I'm talking to a one-year-old." 

     She then slipped on a Queen t-shirt before also slipping on leggings and finally slipping on a pair of converse. 

      She then added one last touch by putting on a necklace with a teeny arrow on it that had been a gift from Apollo. She did not know how, but when she had woken up on her birthday that year when she was on the trip with Klaus and Stefan, the box had been right next to her with a letter written in Greek that read 'Happy Birthday Nemo, wherever you are.   From Casanova. Delivered by the uncool cousin'.