Chapter 61

"That was a nice show and all, but I expected much better from you, Percy," came a voice that Percy knew all too well

    Poseidon was finally here.

    "Heh," Percy gave a nervous laugh as she looked at Klaus for a quick second and finding him maintaining a stoic, almost calm face. She was not sure if he knew if this was her father or not, but she hoped that he didn't make anything worse than it was probably going to get.

    Looking up at him, she quickly mouthed 'Poseidon' to him, watching the blood in his face drain before it quickly returned, but not getting to the original color that it had previously been.

    She knew that he was probably just putting up an act though as soon as she saw him straighten up and place his hands behind his back. Not even he was going to be fearless in front of a god. Especially one as powerful as her father. Most likely, he did not want a god, especially Poseidon, to see him nervous or scared or anything. It was such a Klaus thing to do.

    After that quick second, her face whipped back to her father as he started to move towards her, stepping on top of the bodies as if they were the leaves that lay beside them.

    As he intimidatingly made his way towards her and crossed his arms in a way that would have scared any camper at Camp Halfblood or Camp Jupiter shitless, she made sure to swiftly go and stand in front of Klaus.

    She knew that he could handle himself, but she could not risk him going up against her father. Especially since she knew how her father would not do anything to her, seeing as she was his "little girl", and instead would probably put all the blame on Klaus and probably harm him.

    He gives an unamused chuckle before speaking as he stops right in front of his daughter, "I send you to this town for a new start. A new start. A new start does not mean killing people, especially not with your powers."

    "Bu-"

    "Don't interrupt me!" Poseidon fumed, his eyes growing darker as Percy just stood there, stopping herself from biting her lips while instead settling for looking him in the eyes and not giving him the satisfaction of looking away.

    "You had nightmares. You had various Greek and Roman monsters attacking you left and right. You had yourself basically be at the call and beckon of prophecies seeing as you were conveniently living in Manhattan. You needed a break and you needed your education. Your senior year that would have let you go to Camp Jupiter to study something that would benefit you and make you happy."

    His daughter stood tall as she tried to process his words. Sure she was spending an extra year in Mystic Falls than planned since she had graduated the year prior - technically, seeing as Klaus had dragged her and Stefan away before she could walk down and get her diploma - but that was not really a bad thing.