Chapter 53

"Ew

     "Ew. I look and sound weak," Percy muttered with a crinkle of her nose as she pulled away from Klaus.

      "That's not what a person wants to hear after a kiss," Klaus said as he also pulled away from her.

       "Yeah, but it's the truth. This whole lovey-dovey crap is giving me a headache," Percy said as she backed away from him and made her way towards her house's direction.

      "Well, where are you headed?" Klaus asked as he started following her, not liking how she seemed to be escaping him after the kiss.

     "Home. My backyard is beckoning me and I think you can help," the demigod announced as she jerked her head in the direction she was going, motioning for him to follow her.

     Klaus shrugged but gave a tiny roll of his eyes before following her.

     Percy did not seem to give him any mind though as she walked through the dark forest like how one would walk through their house blindfolded. She seemed to know her exact way through it.

        "Help with what?"

        "You have so many questions, don't you."

         "I would not have them if you would just answer them."

        "But where's the fun in that? Just take in this moment of peace in Mystic Falls. From what I've learned, it's rare."

         Klaus only gave her an irritated look at that, obviously disgruntled about how she had ended the kiss too soon for his liking before taking off.

       "Unless you can't tell, Elena Gilbert is a vampire - that is not going to keep peace in this town of yours."

       Percy gave a shrug of her shoulders before starting to pick up speed, trying to walk away from an awkward conversation waiting to happen.

       Why am I still in this dammed town? I could be anywhere in the world right now - preferably New Rome - and yet I'm still here. Percy huffed and tried to not let random thoughts like this to fill her mind.

       She hopped over a branch almost subconsciously before taking a turn at the next tree, making her way straight from there and not looking at Klaus - who had sped to right next to her.

       "Percy," Klaus called as he put a hand on her arm to stop her.

         The demigod only shook him off while being unable to keep a smile off of her face.

        "Is this about that comment you made? About being and looking weak?"

      Percy did not reply but instead kept heading forward while doing her best to wipe away the grin plastered on her face.