Chapter 21

Percy stretches once waking up in Caroline's room

    Percy stretches once waking up in Caroline's room. As she looks around and goes to get up, Elena's cell phone goes off, waking up the other three girls. Caroline promptly and effectively almost pushes Elena out of bed.

    "Go away!" Caroline groggily shouts. She tries again to push the doppelganger off the bed and this time succeeds.

   Elena lands on the floor and looks back up at Caroline a bit angrily. She crawls across the floor towards her phone and takes it off the dresser while Percy reached under her pillow for her phone.

   Answering the phone, Elena speaks, "Hello?"

   Caroline and Bonnie look over at Elena from Caroline's bed, both incredibly annoyed with being awaken. Percy though was now wide awake and scrolling through her texts with Apollo. Though they were in Greek because English was murder to her eyes.

    "Shhh." Percy heard from the Bennett witch while Caroline shouted, "Elena!"

   Elena drags herself out of Caroline's room and continues her conversation in the hallway with Percy blocking out all noise because she was too busy texting her favourite god.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

   Bonnie and Caroline are sitting at a table in the Grill with Percy. The demigod smiled as she ate a fry, having been invited by the two because they claimed they would like to get to know her more.

    "Okay. So tell me about this big, witchy plan you've been cooking up." Caroline says.

    "We still don't know the extent of what Elijah's up to." Bonnie lists.

    "No, we don't." Percy confirms.

    "So, I'm gonna ask Luka to tell me what he knows."

    "And he's not gonna tell you anything." Caroline says, nodding to what Percy had said before.

   "I didn't say he was gonna have a choice." The witch says.

    "I don't like the sound of that." Percy murmured.

   Something then caught Caroline's attention, causing her to look past Bonnie.

    "What?" The Bennett witch asked the question running in Percy's mind.

    The two turn around and see that Caroline is looking at Matt. Caroline gives him a small wave and a smile, but Matt's face remains stony and he walks away without any acknowledgement towards her. Bonnie looks back at Caroline.

   Right as Percy was about to ask Caroline a question, Bonnie went and asked, "What was that about?"

   "Uh, I don't know. I thought that we were...I don't know." Caroline shrugged, obviously heartbroken but not willing to admit it.