Chapter 31

Percy painstakingly watched as a woman walks outside the house from what she would guess was the kitchen door

    "Why are we in Tennessee? I'm not sure a guy named 'Ray Sutton' would live in a small quiet town if he's a dangerous werewolf." The daughter of Poseidon commented as she silently walked beside Klaus.

      "Rudy!" The woman calls out before whistling, "Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you."

      "Just stuck with the damn story," Klaus ordered the girl beside him, a flash of a mischievous look on his face before he quickly masked it with a fake smile, leaning down to her ear and whispering, "Showtime,"

     The girl looking for 'Rudy' bent down and picked up a toy. When she turned around, Percy felt Klaus bring his arm around her waist before speedily going to the girl before she could finish turning.

    The girl jumped a bit in the air, prompting Klaus to pull on the fakest American accent he could muster before speaking, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." 

    "Can I help you?" The girl asked, seeming to be on edge even though she had given Percy the impression of a kind person. 

    "Yeah, my car hmm, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back." Klaus started, not getting to the point right away. 

    This prompted Percy to speak up in an overly cheerful tone, "I feel like we've been walking forever and yours is the first house we've really seen. So we were just hoping you could let us use your phone?"

     Rudy's owner looked at the two skeptically, not trusting the two before her, "Don't you both have a cell phone?" 

    "Huh, yeah..." Klaus says as he pulls a phone from his pocket before waving it around a bit, "Battery died."

      "I just carry mine to have the comfort of knowing I have one. I destroyed the LCD a week ago," Percy said to her, trying to not roll her eyes at the lie and wishing to kill Klaus, "Look, I promise we're not serial killers. We just wanna use your phone."

     I can't leave or anything because if I do then Klaus will probably kill Stefan. And if I kill Klaus, then who knows how blood crazy Stefan would go. The whole blood bag incident at Alaric's was enough, but after that was a nightmare. 

     The woman sighs one more time before giving the two a nod, "Sure." But then again, back to the point of how she was on edge, probably was because she and Klaus showed up out of nowhere in the middle of the night. 

       The three were silent for a moment before Klaus asked, "Soo, I can come in?"

       "No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." The girl said with a shake of her head as she looked between the two.