Chapter 49

"Do you realize that Paul probably hates you and that I am having a midlife crisis right now?" Percy asked Klaus as she let herself into the mansion and walked to the living room, where she suspected the hybrid to be

     "How are you having a midlife crisis when there is the possibility that you will become immortal?" Klaus asked as he pointed to a chair in front of him so that Percy could take a seat there.

     "Okay, four things. One, I turned down the offer of immortality so I doubt the gods will ever ask me again. Two, I don't think I would ever need a reason to be immortal. Three, I'm having a midlife crisis since I don't know when I am going to die. And four, I can't have Stefan tattling to Damon. The two of us are on a rocky road since he kissed me and I don't want it to get worse."

     The daughter of Poseidon had miraculously been able to say all this in one breathe as Klaus painted on an easel, not really minding how she was currently freaking out about.

     "Are you not going to help me fille Stefan alive?"

     "Let me concentrate on this painting and then we can talk," Klaus said as he picked another color from the pallet without even looking down.

     Percy shook her head as she defiantly got up from the seat and started to make her way towards Klaus.

     "Na-ah, Mr. Hybrid-sir. I came here so you could help me get rid of Stefan. Not so you could paint."

     "I doubt I will be doing much harm to the younger Salvatore, but it's that 'best friend' of yours who needs to look out. There's a pretty large chance he will wake up with his teeth outside his mouth, one day."

     "What do you have against Damon?" Percy asked as she grabbed his paintbrush from his hand and then grabbed a new canvas, which was lying a couple feet away from him.

     "The little cockroach kissed you," was all Klaus said as he brought out a new paintbrush before Percy could even start using his, and then traded the ones in their hands so he could get his already used one.

     He then proceeded to bring out a pallet before putting different colors of paint on it for her.

     "I'm not some damsel that needs help, Klaus," Percy complained as she snatched the pallet from him as he started to put another color on it.

     She then went ahead and looked around at his paint before selecting all the different shades of blue paint and squeezing them onto the pallet.

     Now I'm ready to make a masterpiece.

     "I never said that you are a damsel," Klaus said as he looked over to Percy to find her painting what seemed to be a block of blue at the top, her tongue sticking out of the side of her mouth in focus.