Chapter 43

Elijah, standing before Klaus, wipes the blood off his hands with a white handkerchief after killing Daniel while making sure that Percy was not going to fall out of his hold as he lightly hugged her back

    "You look surprised to see me. So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?: You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?"

    Elijah gently places Percy down before attacking his brother, causing Klaus to fly through the window.

    "Easy. I just finished renovating," Klaus said as if he hadn't just been thrown through a window. 

     "Yeah, and he won't have anybody to boss or be a douche except probably me because Steffy forced him to send away all his minions. 

    Klaus lifts his shoulder into a shrug to Percy before he rushes at Elijah, causing the older Original to crash into a table, breaking it.

    "You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family," Klaus weakly defends himself, causing Percy to laugh since even she could probably do better than that. 

    Elijah attacks him again but makes sure to steer clear of Percy who was wishing she had a bag of popcorn, and Klaus is knocked against a coffin. 

    Klaus, in retaliation, opens the one next to it, undaggers Kol who is lying inside, rushes to Elijah and holds him against a closed coffin by his throat. He holds the dagger up threateningly. "Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!"

    "Don't do it, Fluffy," Percy defended as she started to make her way towards the two brothers, ready to break up the fight if it got even more out of hand. 

     Instead of backing down, Elijah started to egg him on, "Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with." 

        "You are both idiots," Percy scoffed as she got closer to them and snatched the dagger from Klaus' hand, not going to take the chance of him actually daggering his brother once again.

       And besides, from what she heard from Rebekah, she would love to meet this Kol guy.

     "Mikael is dead," Klaus firmly says as he releases his grip on Elijah.

      At this, Elijah stands up, surprised, "What did you say?"

    "I killed him. With his own weapon. He's gone, Elijah. Forever."

     "And it was messy," Percy mumbles as a displeased look goes on her face. 

    Elijah looked a bit disturbed at the thought that Percy had to be involved before asking the real question, "Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century."

   Klaus looks at his brother with a sort of grave look, "Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me."