Chapter 37

Percy grinned as she and Caroline were helping Bonnie hang lanterns from the trees

"This is fun," The daughter of Poseidon said as tried to balance one of the lanterns on her head, "We should do these types of things more."

Bonnie laughed as Percy attempted to save the lantern, which she was practically juggling on her head. "We do this stuff a lot."

"Then start inviting me! Oh, and I have a friend who is perfect in these things. Once you meet her, you can never go back," Percy said before sticking her tongue out of the side of her mouth as she tried to look up and see the lantern.

Percy looked towards the two girls, "I don't think I've ever really hung out with you guys without Elena."

Caroline looked at her for a second, trying to think if that was actually true before nodding.

Right as Percy went to say something, Caroline looked at Bonnie and asked a question, "So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too?"

"I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here."

"Okay, you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that," Caroline seriously said.

"There. You commented."

"Bonnie..." Caroline whined.

"What do you want me to say, Caroline? I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences."

"Oooh. Going against the balance of nature? Not fun. Trust me, I'm living proof," Percy commented as she took the lantern that had been poorly balanced on her head and hanging it up.

Caroline looked at Percy with confusion written all over her face before turning to the witch in the group, "Well, I want you to say you're not okay with it."

"I'm a thousand times not okay with it. I just don't know what to do about it," Bonnie said, frustration clear on her face.

Percy picked up another lantern before looking at Bonnie, "Want my advice? Just go along with everything as see what happens."

She then grinned before hanging the lantern.

As the daughter of Poseidon picked up another lantern, Damon pulls up near the girls in his car.

"Greetings, blondie. Witchy. Brainless. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan," Damon commented, an irritated look on his face.

"Hey! Why do they get good nicknames? Or at least nicknames that are true," Percy pouted as she threw the lantern in her hand at Damon.

"Because you, unlike them, have gone brain dead because of the fact that you are on their side," Damon bitterly remarked.