Chapter 40

"What the Hades happened?" Came Percy's voice softly as she tried to get out of a bed she had never seen before

"Good afternoon, Cordelia. You've been asleep for a while," Came the voice of the one and only Klaus Mikaelson as he leaned against the doorway.

"What happened?" She asked in a whisper as she put her hands on her wrists and tried to find a mark, then put her hand on her stomach, to see if there was a wound.

"Don't worry about being hurt, you've got some of my blood in your system," Klaus said as he entered the room and took a seat at the edge of the bed.

"I've got blood in my system? What's that supposed to help with anything?" Percy asked curiously as she kept looking at her wrists.

Klaus gave her a weird look, "The Salvatore's never gave you their blood?"

Percy shook her head, "Nope. I thought that you only gave blood to Stefan because he got bit by a werewolf. That the blood only cures that."

"Well, love, you were on the verge of death and my blood saved you," Klaus said before continuing, "Just make sure you don't die very soon because it is still in your system."

Percy just gave him a smirk, "Me? Die? I'm Persephone fricken Jackson! I can't die!"

Klaus looked her dead in eyes as he told her, "You were about to die last night."

Percy raised an eyebrow at him as she smiled, "But I didn't! It's like the Fates don't hate me for once!"

"Love, if you don't want the people of this town to know about your heritage, then I suggest you don't keep giving them clear signs that might as well be pointed to that little camp of yours."

Percy gave a shrug, "It's not as if they ever do catch on. They just think I'm weird like that."

"After everything last night, and how my father called you an abomination, I'm pretty sure that they are now as curious as ever."

"So?" Percy asked irritated as she sat up some more and leaned against the backboard of the bed.

"I'm willing to guess that you know what they will do next," Klaus simply said causing Percy to nod in response.

"Yep. Investigate." Percy confirmed with an annoyed groan.

She then took a pillow and buried her head in it before quickly looking up at Klaus.

"Have you figured out what's wrong with me?" She sincerely asked.

Klaus shook his head, "I'm afraid not."

Percy pouted, "First all this enhanced everything! Then me needing all this ambrosia and nectar! I hate it all! I want a normal life!"