Chapter 14

"What's the point of a masquerade?" Percy asked as she ironed her hair into delicate curls

      "What's the point of a masquerade?" Percy asked as she ironed her hair into delicate curls. She was currently sitting on the floor in the boarding house, having been told that she was supposed to go.

    Right in front of her though, was Estelle. Estelle was happily in one of those awesome baby seats.

   Caroline is sitting on the couch. Damon gives her a glass of blood. "Here."

   "I'm still shaking." The blonde weakly says as she tries to take a sip of her drink.

    As she drinks, Stefan enters the room. "What happened?"

   "Okay, as dramatic as the story is, I want to hear it again. Go on, Forbes!" Percy said while picking up another stand of hair to curl.

    Caroline stayed silent, which prompted Damon to step in. "Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this."

    Caroline took a deep breathe before speaking. "I saw Katherine today."

   "Where?" Stefan asked.

   "At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt."

  "Wait... before you continue, what does quasi-stalk mean?" The daughter of Poseidon asked, confusion lacing her voice.

    "To stalk to a certain extent." Stefan answered, his arms crossed as he waited for Caroline to start talking.

~Flashback time!~

    While at the Mystic Grill, Caroline's looking at Matt. Of course, like every other teen flick, Matt looks up at her.

   "Do you need a table?" He asks, going towards her.

   "No, I'm not staying. I just needed to use the little girls' room."

  "Skip the teen drama and get to it." Damon says to Caroline, as Percy starts to laugh.

  "What?" They all ask in unison, staring at her.

   "Why the Hades did you say 'little girls' room'?"

   Caroline ignore her before staring to talk again. "Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus."

    As Caroline is in the bathroom. She's washing her hands when Katherine arrives, posing as Elena.

   "Elena?" She asks a bit too innocently as if it was a shock to see her friend over at the girl.

   "Hey, I saw you with Matt, are you okay?" Katherine asked, trying her best to impersonate Elena. She was actually quite good, but Caroline would never give her that satisfaction.

   "Yeah, you know...whatever." Caroline tries to superspeed passed Katherine, but Katherine grabs her and pulls her back.

   "You're good. What gave me away? Was it the hair? Or was it my clothes?" She questions, wanting to know what to correct so that she could use it for later.