Chapter 19

John is in the kitchen, watching a news channel on TV while Percy stood by the stove making some blue pancakes for the whole family

   John is in the kitchen, watching a news channel on TV while Percy stood by the stove making some blue pancakes for the whole family. Even for John.

    "Due to the recent tragedies that have plagued our town, we will be holding a memorial in Town Square today to honor all those we have lost. Join us and hope that as a community we can begin to heal." Percy hears Carol say.

    As Percy flipped a beautifully coloured pancakes into the air and watches it land, Elena enters the room.

    Because of Elena entering the kitchen, John switches off the TV.

    "Morning." John greets from his place.

   Elena ignores what he just said and gets straight to the point, "What are you doing here?"

   "Coffee?" John asks again, not wanting to answer her question just yet.

   "Actually, she'll take my well made pancakes." Percy gave him a fake smile while saying this, then hands Elena a plate of many pancakes toppled on each other. Mmmm blue pancakes.

    "We're not doing that. We did that last night. No more avoiding. Why are you here?" Elena demands to know.

   "I'm here to protect you. That's all I can say for the moment."

   Percy places another pancake on a plate before turning to him. "All you can say? At the moment? What do you have a lawyer prohibiting you from saying or something?"

   "I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you." John rolls his eyes as he looks between the two.

   Jenna and Alaric enter the room as Percy flips her last pancake onto a fourth plate.

     "Oh God, I'm late." Jenna complains a bit, neither of the two having noticed John yet.

   Alaric answers back, "That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times!"

   Jenna sees John and gives a  surprised jump. "What the hell?"

    "Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric..."

    "It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." Jenna says.

   "Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in."

   "You know, I'm uh, probably just gonna take off." Alaric awkwardly says. He then looks at Elena, then Percy, and leaves.

   "I'm still confused here." Jenna states.

   "I decided to come back and stay for a while." John says, obviously not caring if he was welcomed or not.

    "Not here, you're not." Jenna insists at the same time as Percy. The demigod saw how everybody seemed to not like him, and his presence seemed to effect them in a negative way.