Chapter Nine.

Ahmad...

Even after several days the image of Salman trying to feed Safaa endlessly kept flowing into my mind.How could he? When he knows clearly that I love her? Why would she succumb to all those sort of things when she knows I get hurt when I witness it?

I couldn't sleep the day it happened and when I woke up the next day,I made a decision to avoid Safaa.Maybe the love will go away,maybe I will accept the fact that she and Salman are a couple.But still several days after,the love is still there,it keeps getting stronger and it keeps killing me internally.

Because I'm so jealous,I don't think I can ever accept defeat when it comes to something I love.

I let my strength be sustained at work,I only come back home late at night when am sure nobody will be around to disturb me with questions about why I am moody and gloomy.

"You know you can stop this stubbornness and sort this out right? If it's what you think then fine,accept that you two are never meant to be and move on..."

This were Ma'aruf's first word when he came to my office one day and after pondering upon it,I decide not to hide anymore.The next day after my decision,I didn't go to the office and early in the morning I went to the gym,promising myself to have a talk with Safaa after I come back.

I came back from the gym not so sweaty because I didn't work out a lot,my mind was preoccupied with thought mostly about Safaa.As I was walking to our own side of the house my eyes caught a glimpse of her,dressed beautifully in a black abaya.She's devoid of any make up yet she looks so pretty,the glow and radiance of her face is so Ma sha Allah.

No words can describe how pretty she looks,I haven't seen her for just some days but it feels like years.I had to restrain myself from giving her a hug and when she asked me to hear her out I gladly agreed and together we walked to the dining room side by side to eat breakfast and then have The Talk.

The maids served our food and we ate in silence with only the clattering of our cutleries making contact with the plate.

I stopped eating to observe her.Safaa has wonderful table manners,one can never realise she's from a village until she tells him so.She's so calm and gentle,the mere sight of her makes me fall in love with her ten times more.

"Stop staring at me like that" She said dropping her fork too.

"Eat your food" I ordered not taking my eyes off her.

"Yaa Ahmad Am I not eating like a lady?" She asked feeling conscious all of a sudden.

"Nah,I've never seen someone eating so calm as you,I just missed you,Safaa I am sorry" I began but she cut me off.

"No Ya Ahmad,I'm sorry eventhough I don't know what I did" She said the last part rather quitely.

"Sure you don't" I huffed.

"Ya Ahmad I never thought my closeness with Ya Salman with affect you,I'm so sorry and there's nothing going on between us"

"Sure?" I asked cocking my eyebrow.

"Yeah sure,BTW why are you so concerned about it? Ya Salman has the right to love me you know" She winked.

"Yes I have that right Ahmadu,but Safaa is just my lil sissy aren't you Safaa?" Salman asked joining us.

"Yes I am,Ya Rabbi,both of you ignored me for days,I'm pained" She pouted.

"Work made me do that,I am leaving to Russia in an hour,I'm so sorry Safaa my love,we will spend a lot of time together when I return,miss me not so much" Salman winked at her while leaving just to irk me.