Chapter Ten

Safaa's POV...

The nerve of Yaya Ahmad to think I will listen to him when he scolded me for what his sister started.He has ascertained all my fears that he will let his family treat me the way they wish to,like something worthless.

"Safaa why are you crying?" My Mama asked me immediately I entered the room.

"Nothing" I sniffed.

"Don't tell me it's nothing,what happened?" She asked again taking my hands in hers.

"Maa,you know am only staying here because of Mommy right? This house is so unbearable"

"Mommy and Ahmad ba" She corrected raising a brow.

"Maa seriously I'm afraid our relationship with Yaa Ahmad will end because of Kawu and his wife"

"Don't say that" She said.

"But she doesn't like me,both of them don't like me"

"You love Ahmad don't you?" She asked and I just cried leaning on her shoulder.

I cried because I really love him and the possibility of us ending together is so meagre.

"I do Maa" I whispered after my sobs subsided.

"Now don't be a pessimist,wipe away your tears and get some sleep,you have to be there for Abidah tomorrow,the cheerful you though" Maa smiled.

"Okay,I need to have a warm bath,I'm sleeping here with you,we have a lot to talk about" I squeaked.

"Alright I'll be right here waiting"

I went inside the bathroom with lots of thoughts going through my mind.The incident that occured minutes ago made me completely hopeless.

You know when you're having a bath with a very hot water and the mirror in the bathroom becomes steamy you can't even see your face? That's how I see my future with Yaya Ahmad,it's not so bright and I cried to my heart's or should I say eyes' content before taking my bath.

"I thought you're never coming out,your phone has been ringing" Maa complained and my phone began ringing again.

I saw the caller and rejected the call before dressing up in my polka dotted nightie.I rejected the call for more than ten times and I felt like smashing the phone to the wall but he still didn't stop calling.

"Why do you keep rejecting? Who is it?"

"It's Yaa Ahmad" I mumbled.

"Then why won't you pick the call?" She asked and I told her what transpired between me and Fadwa earlier.

"He has no fault Safaa,try to understand him,He stopped you from arguing with her because He doesn't want the fight to continue"

"But Maa,why didn't he stop her first?"

"You said he tried stopping her"

"But...."

"No buts,pick his call and it's an order" Maa said with a poker face.

"Okay" I said answering the call.

"Hello,Now? Fine"

"What kind of phone call is that?" Maa chuckled.

"He said he's in the living room and he wants to see me" I explained to her while wearing my Hijab.

"So all the big time was for nothing kenan,You're now rushing to meet him"

"Maaaa" I whined.

"I didn't say anything" She laughed and I sauntered to the living room.

I didn't even feel remorseful for ignoring his calls,he deserves it but seeing his worried/angry face I internally cringed in fear.