Chapter Forty Seven

Meeting Ahmad has been wonderful for Safaa though Zarah was like an intruder and she spoiled their happy reunion by her constant nagging.

"Sweetheart Abidah's food is so peppery" She whined playing with her spoon.

Ahmad was so indulged in tending to Safaa that he did not even look her way. That irritated Zarah so she kept hitting the spoon on her plate until they all stopped what they were doing and began staring at her.

"Ahmad you can't bring me here and ignore me,how dare you!" She snapped glaring at Safaa.

"Easy there dearest co wife" Safaa smirked seeing the look on Zarah's face.

"Non of your business you idiot..."

"Zarah don't you ever call her that" Ahmad cut her off with a warning tone.

Abidah and Ma'aruf shared a look and decided to leave Ahmad alone with his two wives.

"Err Ummu Shuraim let us go and bring the dessert" Ma'aruf told Abidah and she stealthily followed him.

Safaa smiled at Zarah and continued eating her meal but Zarah was not through so she proceeded to nag again about the food.

"Ahmad I said I cannot eat this food" She mumbled.

"Zarah can you please leave me alone? What kind of a woman are you eh? You don't even cook but you are here complaining about the food" He snapped.

"Habibi listen" Safaa held his palms and placed it on her tummy.

"So you were saying the truth the baby really kicks,Are we giving birth to a soldier?" He asked grinning like a person who has won a lottery.

Zarah stood up and abruptly left the table feeling ignored and cheated.She took her bag and furiously left the house and Ahmad did not even try stopping her.

Hailing a cab,Zarah gave the driver Hajiya Turai's residence and told him to drive as fast as he could.

She alighted the car and ran into Hajiya Turai's apartment wailing like she has lost her mother.

"Mama I am tired,I cannot live with Ahmad anymore,Ahmad hates me!!" She shouted making Hajiya Turai rush out of her room.

"Ke Zara'u calm down,what is wrong with you" She adjusted her headtie holding Zarah's hand and guiding her to the sofa.

"IamtiredheiswithSafaarightnow" Zarah said between muffled sobs.

"I did not get a thing Zarah,calm down and tell me what happened"

It took Zarah minutes to stop sobbing and when she was a bit calm Hajiya Turai probed her to talk.She narrated all that occurred embellishing it with some of her lies.

"So you mean my son is with that wretched girl right now? Nikam anya haka suka barshi kuwa? Ahmadu is such a heartless person,I doubt if he is really my son,maybe the nurses made a mistake" Hajiya Turai ranted.

"He is your son ofcourse but he just doesn't love me" Zarah sniffed.

"How can he not? Just look at you,You have got all it takes,Ahmadu will regret humiliating you,just don't worry,Now what does my real jikalle want to eat?"

"A nice peppered soup made by the dearest grandmama" Zarah smiled.

"That's my girl,now keep that smile,You look much more beautiful with it" Hajiya Turai caressed Zarah's cheeks and left for the kitchen.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

After their sumptuous meal,Ahmad insisted that he would be the one to drive Safaa home,remembering what her father told her about never meeting Ahmad until he says so,Safaa refused at first but when Abidah suggested she should go with Ahmad and that they would follow them behind,she agreed.