Chapter Twenty Seven

After the issue at Aunty Rabi's house,a lot more of Hajiya Turai's deliberate insults continued and Safaa endured it all.Ahmad got so tired of it that he suggested they should see a doctor,maybe if they sought a solution Mama won't be so concerned about it anymore.After going through series of tests,it's discovered that the problem is actually from Ahmad.He might get cured of it with constant check ups and medications and might never get cured.They decided to keep it between the two of them and wait for the wonders of the Almighty.

No one on earth apart from the doctor and the two of them knew of their plight.

A month after their visit to the hospital,Safaa fell ill and Ahmad's joy knew no bounds but it was short lived when she did a pregnancy test and found out that it's negative.They kept on praying and Hajiya Turai kept on pressuring her son to get another wife and also making Safaa's life miserable.

Safaa was so happy when Hajiya Turai announced that she's leaving to Nigeria,after she left,they had two wonderful weeks in a resort but on the day they returned to their home in Sydney,she called to inform Ahmad that she's coming back to Australia to see a doctor and she's returning with Zarah.

Ahmad wasn't so pleased about her return because truth be told,She messed up their lives the last time she visited.Safaa managed to smile when he informed her and assured him that she'll handle Hajiya Turai.

"I'll be okay"

"But Safaa..."

"No buts,I promise" Safaa shushed him.

And He smiled at her,the kind of smile that never fails to soothe her worries.

He pecked her forehead,praying to Allah to grant both of them patience to deal with Mama.

●●●●●●●

Safaa has been on a video call with Abidah since morning,they want to plan a suprise two days trip with their husbands somewhere away from home,that way Safaa and Ahmad can get to spend some time together as Hajiya Turai always intrude and deprive them of their lovely moments as a couple.

"Can you imagine what happened last night?"

"Just tell me" Abidah pleaded.

"I wanted to tell something to that brother of yours and I informed him that we had to talk,it's about that contract,He has to say Yes to it before I sign it you know..."

"Yes Mrs submissive" Abidah chuckled.

Safaa never makes a decision without Ahmad's consent,no matter how wealthy a contract can make her,she always wait for his approval.

"I waited for him har 3am Abidah can you imagine? He does that this days" Safaa sighed.

"Why didn't he come to bed on time then?"

"He told me he was chatting with Mama"

"Ikon Allah,you guys really need a break from that old lady"

"I know right she's making everything complicated,Choose a place for us already"

"You have to choose" Abidah argued.

"I don't know places Abidah,you choose"

"Fine I'll choose"

"I don't feel okay Abidah,maybe it's because I didn't have enough sleep last night"

"Get some rest then,I will call you later" Abidah ended the call.

●●●

Safaa managed to sleep but the headache didn't go away when she woke up.