Chapter Thirty Two

Ahmad's POV...

I can take all the pain on earth except that of betrayal,for all the years I loved and lived with my wife,we never had a dissension because of trust,our relationship is that kind which is built on it,we hide nothing from each other,Safaa and I became confidantes the moment she agreed to let me know of all her problems,achievements,failure and everything.

I never fail to reproach the person who tells me that I trust my wife too much and that ladies are not to be trusted.

Now I regret trusting Safaa,she made sure I let go of searching Moudu probably because she doesn't want me to learn the truth behind all of the drama.I'm such a fool to even accept her wholeheartedly after knowing someone might have had the opportunity to be intimate with her before.

But love makes us do a lot of unimaginable things right?

I didn't sleep for days after seeing the love of my life with another man,I don't know what to do and am not aware of my feelings.I always hear the muffled sounds of her throwing up at night but my anger couldn't let me go and check up on her.

For all the days I stayed nursing my broken heart at home I didn't have a glimpse of her and Mama informed me that Safaa didn't come out from her room since the day I brought her back to the house.

"What about food Mama? Does she eat?" I worriedly asked Mama,not that I also eat well but am concerned about Safaa.

If anything bad happens to her,I'd be blamed because am still her husband and I vowed to take care of her.

"Kai Ahmadu I have never seen a heartless person like you,Yo ai dan Allah baya son saki ne da tunin na saka ka ka sake ta"

"Mama am just worried"

"You care about her you idiot,Ahmadu I doubt if you're my real son"

"Don't say that Mama" I hoarsely said,I'm too weak to even argue and I'd love it if Mama stops talking about the issue but Mama will always be Mama.

Mama opened her mouth to continue talking but stopped when a disheveled Safaa passed through the living room,A look at her made me so enraged but the other side of me wanted to run to her and see if she's really okay.

"She's acting this way because she's busted,kora kunya da hauka ne" My subconscious reminded me.

"Don't you dare go to her son" Mama warned pointing her finger at me.

"No never" I adjusted my sitting position.

My Rabb knows I had wanted to go after her to see if she's actually alright,this is how my love for her is,even after seeing her cheating on me with my own eyes I still have a soft corner for her in my heart.The look she gave me while going back to the confines of her room made me shiver,She's blaming me for our situation,I saw it right through her.

Remembering her in a hotel swiftly changed my feelings,from remorse to disdain,the anger I have been caging for days threatening to explode.

"Maa I'll go out" I announced getting off the table.

"Ahmadu sit,we need to talk" She ordered.

"Alright Mama" I sat down giving all my attention to her.

"I'm tired of seeing you like this,You need to move on,I don't know why you didn't even send that girl packing but am not going to make you do something you don't wish to do,I want you to take Zarah as a second wife..."

"What?" I choked.

"Easy there,I'm not saying you should marry someone else,it's Zarah,Our Zarah"