Chapter Twenty Six

Ahmad and Safaa always find a way to sort out their misunderstandings,their relationship progressed without any glitch,No one amongst them brings up the issue of Hajiya Turai.They continued living in harmony,forgetting about her completely,unaware that she's way too deep into planning their break up.

"How could you be lazying around,don't you have work " Safaa complained while Ahmad was helping her knit some dough.

It's not a work free day but he suspended all his schedules and decided to be with her at home.

"I want to spend some time with my wife"

"We are always together"

"Yeah right,I'm going out now since you hate seeing me" Ahmad said feigning hurt.

"Noo I didn't say that" She smiled abandoning the vegetable she's chopping.

"What does that mean then?"

"Well it means am concerned about everything that has to do with my dearest husband"

"Uhm mhmm" He mused not okay with her explanation.

"That's all" She cocked a brow.

"Mama will move in today,We should go and bring her,it's been a week" He suggested making Safaa's demeanor change immediately.

"Alright,I'll get ready after we eat lunch" She tried her best to smile.

"Alright" He smiled back.

Safaa dislikes how her mother inlaw treats her so much,that she abhors her presence,when Hajiya Turai mocks her it always create a rift between her and her husband,she wishes to see him defend her,to stop his mother just once but she's sure that will never happen,because Ahmad loves his mother so much,no words can describe how much he loves her and when Hajiya Turai says a thing,he never defies her unless it's against his religion.

"Are you done?" Ahmad startled her when he came inside her room to find her lost sitting idle by her vanity table almost an hour after their meal.

"I guess" She sighed wrapping her veil round her head.

"Don't worry" He squeezed her hand,just to assure her that he will be there for her but Safaa is tired of him just being there.

He calmly watch his mother say hurtful words to her.

She recalled how her father always stand up to her Maa.A lot of his relatives curse and rain abuses on her Mama just because she has one daughter not even a son but one day,her Baba came back all tired from work and heard them saying their usual habaici,He was so mad to the extent of asking them not to come to his house ever again if they will keep on insulting his wife like that.

Safaa wants Ahmad to be like her father,but she knows it's impossible,she's aware that he love his mother much more than he loves her or himself so he can never ask his mother to stop hurting her.

"I have been talking to you babe" He tapped her shoulder lightly.

"I'm sorry"

"I said we are here" He said unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Oh we are here already?" She asked doing the same too.

"Safaa..." He softly began.

"No don't worry,I can handle this In shaa Allah"

"Let's go in then" He took her hand and they walked into the house together.

They found Hajiya Turai seated majestically as always laughing to a joke Zarah told her.Safaa found a place on the carpeted floor and sat down,she greeted her more than twice but Hajiya Turai acted as if she didn't hear her.