Chapter Nighteen

Safaa's POV

Everything went on smoothly,we had fun at the event and Yaya Ahmad was right beside me all through it.My mother in law wasn't bad or harsh towards me also,deep inside I doubt all the love and care because a lot of people in life pretend to be the most happiest family on earth when there's a crowd.From the venue we were conveyed to Kawu's house where a room was assigned to each one of us, there will be a Haflah again tomorrow and I wish I could avoid it.

The next day we woke up a little bit early and after greeting the wives of my Uncle,we returned to our rooms to get ready for the Haflah.My make up was light and Mommy helped me put on my Lafaya before Abidah guided me to the backyard where they're tons of people all settled down listening to the sermon.

It finished some hours later and pictures were taken.I got bored of smiling and posing for the camera man but Abidah kept bugging me to not get tired of snapping the pictures because I might not look beautiful and I will regret it later.She gets over dramatic when it comes to camera and beauty stuff.We took a lot of pictures with my handsome husband too.

Immediately after Zuhr prayer,my Mama's relatives and some of Baba's went with me to my Mother in law's side and after the usual tradition of telling her they've brought their daughter as Amana to her,they took me to my own house or should I say Yaya Ahmad's house.I don't know the word to describe the house but let's say it's my little heaven on earth,everything looks close to perfection.

We passed a lot of living rooms which are all a simple but elegant one before reaching one of the rooms.I smiled remembering when I told him that I wouldn't want a house that's so extravagant as their own.

"We are all living right now,we have to go back to Rigar Dala" One of my Aunt began.

"Be a good girl and take good care of yourself" She added.

I've got tired of crying,so I just walked them to the car with glassy eyes and a broken heart that's missing Mama.

"Allah Hafiz Safaa" They all waved and I smiled waving back.

I was left with only Abidah and Shatou who kept dragging me from one room to another to show me the house.

"My Baba furnished all the house?" I asked in angst.