Chapter Fifty Four

When Zarah got wheeled away on the hospital stretcher, Ahmad controlled his palpitating heartbeat and called his father, within thirty minutes, Zarah's parents arrived the hospital, followed by his own parents, everyone was panicking asking him what happened but he was too shocked to say a word to them.

Zarah's mother recognised the man next to Ahmad and rushed to him.

" Munir, what happened to her? " She sobbed holding unto the one of the chairs in the hospital's reception.

" It was an accident Ma, some teenagers hit her" Munir answered the mother, his voice breaking.

" How? Where are the kids? What did you do them? You didn't let them go did you?"

" Can you quit asking them questions, right now we should pray for her" Zarah's father scolded.

" The boys just left, we brought her to the hospital together, their parents arrived immediately after us and they left some minutes before you came but tthey promised to be here tomorrow as soon as possible" Munir answered her.

" Let them pray nothing happens to my Zarah because I swear..."

" I said it's enough " Zarah's father shared a look with his wife and that alone made her shut up.

She stared at the stains of blood on Ahmad's white kaftan and new sets of tears began cascading down her cheeks.

She could not imagine losing Zarah.

After eight hours of torture, the doctor attending Zarah walked to her family to inform them of the new development. She had to go through surgery to stop an internal bleeding and when it took time, they almost lost hope.

" She's stable now, But I'd like to see you in my office please" The Doctor addressed Ahmad particularly.

A chorus of Alhamdulillah followed before they began asking the doctor if they could see her, he told them she needed enough rest and there should be no disturbance but they could see her, he asked a Nurse to guide them to the room so her parents rushed behind the Nurse first.

Ahmad thanked Allah inwardly before heading to the doctor's office, Munir followed him but he turned back and gave him a glare.

" The doctor didn't say 'Us' you know" Ahmad raised a brow but Munir only shook his head.

" Can we stop this? I followed you because I want to say something to you not because I want to hear what the doctor has to say" Munir sighed.

" And what do you want to say?" Ahmad massaged his temple while tapping his foot on the marbled floor impatiently.

" I only have one thing to say to you, learn to adore and cherish things before you lose them, Your mother used Zarah to achieve her aim and now that her aim is achieved she does not even care about how you're treating Zarah, if she could make you maltreat your first wife, why can't she make you appreciate Zarah? What you saw some years ago in Zarah's apartment was a mistake and I'll always term it as a mistake" Munir finished and left a dazed Ahmad in the chilly corridor leading to the doctor's office.

Ahmad spent some minutes pondering on each word Munir said before proceeding to the doctor's office.

" Come on sit " The doctor offered him a seat.

" Thank you doc, I hope my wife will be alright?" Ahmad asked.

" She will be fine in sha Allah, the thing is she has lost her child, You do know she's pregnant right?"

" Inna as'aluka afwa billah, she lost the baby?" Ahmad asked hoping the doctor was just joking at first.

" Yes I'm so sorry, You'll get to have more babies in the future in shaa Allah, Just take care of her, make her understand, it's traumatic but be with her, she'll pass through it, I wish your wife a quick recovery"