Chapter Twelve

Ahmad...

I woke up feeling uneasy like something bad is about to happen.After having my bath I kept pacing back and forth in my room impatiently trying to discern why I am having that sort of feeling.I tried calling Safaa but her phone is still switched off.When I am sure they must be awake I strode to the quarters just to check up on her but to my dismay I found the place empty.I dashed to Mommy's side with my pulse racing.

"Why am I having this feeling? I'll probably find Safaa at Mommy's kitchen" I inwardly assured myself before checking the kitchen.

"Good morning Sir,do you need something?" The cook asked.

"Morning,I don't need anything,Safaa has not been here yet?"

"Safaa came earlier this morning to say Goodbye Sir"

"To say what?" I could feel sweat beading round my forehead as I asked her that.

"She left with her parents,but she promised to keep in touch" The cook answered while I was already racing up the stairs to Mommy's room.

"Assalamu Alaikum" I knocked my heart threatening to burst forth from my ribcage.

"Wa Alaikassalam Ahmadu" She smiled.

"Mommy please where's Safaa?"

"Forgive my manners,Good morning" I added.

"Don't tell me you have no idea she's leaving?" Mommy asked suprised.

"No she didn't mention that" I said dejectedly.

"It was a rushed decision,Maybe that's why she gave me this to give you" Mommy smiled sadly giving me a letter.

"Okay" I collected the paper and went to my room.

I opened it and began reading.

"I never thought I will be writing this,it's breaking my heart but here we go: I have always thought our love will be able to conquer the storm and nothing can come between us but not everyone has a happy ever after you know.

We will always be having problems as long as your parents are not okay with our relationship,even if they allow us they will never accept me wholeheartedly.Your mother will keep making my life complicated that am sure of and your father will forever hate the mere sight of me.

That's not enough reason for me to bring an end to our relationship right? Because you always say you will be there for me.

But I am afraid,I just have to do this.You didn't know me some months ago,try and forget about me,so you could please your parents.

I will try as much as possible to move on too.

Though it will be slow and painful but at the end life goes on right?

Don't displease your mother because of me.Look for someone your own class and make her happy.

I wish you happiness.

Safaa.

"I told you I will set everything right,you didn't have to leave me just like that...." I yelled to nobody after realising that Safaa meant each word she wrote in that letter.

This is the worst emotional pain,I felt desolate,heartbroken and desperate but I manage to go to my mother with my bloodshot eyes ready to pounce on Fadwa,she also took part in frustrating her life.I was so stupid to think that Safaa will cope with all their troubles.