Chapter Forty One

Zarah knew she had to act melancholic when they reach the hospital but she just couldn't hide her joy when she saw how worried their husband was pacing the reception,maybe Safaa's lost the baby or even better,maybe she's gone.Oh how happy it will make her to see Safaa wallowing in misery,losing the baby is enough to make her life wretched but losing her will make Ahmad's life worthless so Zarah prayed for the former.Hajiya Turai briefed her about acting worried when they are amidst the family of Safaa,so she quickly remembered that before stroding to her husband shedding crocodile tears.

"How's she? What really happened? I didn't even know you guys left home?" She panicked wiping her tears  with the hem of her veil.

He stared at her silently in a disbelieving manner making his gaze linger on her for a while before going to his Mama,Zarah has no idea she's the last person he wants to see on earth.Her image reminds him of the pain he saw his lovely wife going through,Zarah is responsible for it and he'll never forgive her if anything bad happens to Safaa or their baby.

He can't imagine losing Safaa,he's just got her.

Restlessness is less emphatic to describe what a person feels seeing the love of his life in pain,trying to stay awake,trying to fight for her dire life,Ahmad wished all the suffering could be transferred unto him so that he doesn't see her tears.He hated himself for allowing Zarah to trick him eventhough he's never thought Zarah can be so deceitful.

If only he wasn't with Zarah,He would've rushed Safaa to the hospital the moment she started experiencing the pain.He needed to pounce on something and preferably Zarah so he quitely exited the ER and headed to the restroom.

He frustratingly punched the door blaming himself all over again not knowing that his bestfriend was right behind him.

"Relax dude,she'll be fine" Ma'aruf patted Ahmad's shoulder reassuringly.

"She was really in pain,she needed me while I was..." He trailed off massaging his temples.

"While you were what?"

"I didn't know what happened okay,but I was with Zarah last night..." He began telling Ma'aruf while he listened attentively.

"So you mean Zarah drugged you and had her ways with you?"

"Right now I don't care but am sure nothing happened Ma'aruf,nothing" He firmly said making Ma'aruf chuckle a bit.

"No one is saying you did something bad,she's your wife you know and stop blaming yourself for Safaa's condition,it's destined to happen even if you were with her and she will be alright in shaa Allah,she's a fighter"

"But there was a lot of blood bro,I fear losing the baby"

"They will be fine in shaa Allah,let's get back" Ma'aruf reassured him again.

"In sha Allah" He repeated following Ma'aruf back to the ER.

They sat at a seat vis-à-vis Zarah's so he kept glaring at her trying to make her tell from his looks that he will deal with her for what she did to him later.She fidgeted seeing the looks he's giving her but then resumed to acting like she's so innocent,asking Mommy when they'll hear from the doctor attending Safaa.

Ahmad knows she has the right to demand that but she made a grave mistake deceiving him.He was about to let her go,to set her free from their bondage and what she did isn't going to stop him.Mama should do whatever she wants but he's not capable of having two wives,his duties are only meant for Safaa and he'll forever be fair and loyal to her alone.

"Mr Ahmad" The doctor addressed him bringing an end to the daggers he's been shooting at Zarah.

"Yes" He cleared his throat standing up from the seat.