Chapter Fifty Three

Ahmad and Ma'aruf parked at the eerie location the unknown caller told them and waited impatiently, why would she tell them to meet her in a place so deserted like this and refuse to show up? Ma'aruf had even told Ahmad it was a prank and that they should leave, they were about to get into the car when a car pulled beside their own and a lady, clad in a black attire with a big sun shades covering her face walked out of it.

She smirked assessing Ahmad and waved at Ma'aruf.

"So you really want to know your wife's secret, I will tell you but you have to bring her to the Nozzles coffee shop by 5pm and we will tell you everything"

"Wa Alaikumssalam young lady" Ma'aruf said sarcastically.

" Opps sorry, Assalamu Alaikum" She snickered making Ma'aruf hissed, he hated the girl already.

Ahmad silently stared at her, he felt like he knew her before, but with the big shades covering her somewhat small face, he just could not recognise her.

"It hasn't occurred to you that I have two wives right?" He said calmly.

"Yes am talking about the wife that's home" She winked getting into her car and just like that drove off.

"Ahmad don't listen to her, I don't trust her" Ma'aruf told him when they entered the car.

Ahmad did not say a word unbeknownst to Ma'aruf he was thinking of what happened years ago, what made him hate Zarah, could it be that Zarah had not changed? A lot was going through his mind but at last he made it up, he would go with Zarah to the coffee shop later but he would try with all his might to act calm and handle the situation like the matured man that he was.

"We are meeting her later" He informed Ma'aruf when he dropped him off.

"And you think it's a good idea?" Ma'aruf asked.

"Yeah, I'll tell you all about it" He nodded driving off.

"Could it be the secret that was making Zarah act somewhat this days?" Ahmad thought before taking the turn that would take him to his house.

🍀🍀🍀🍀

"What do you think you're doing?" Zarah whisper-yelled to the person she was speaking with on the phone.

After Hajiya Turai had left, Zarah sprinted to her room, locked it and dialled a number on her phone. She had sensed that Hajiya Turai was suspecting her.

When it began ringing, She paced the room like she was being pursued, Ahmad was about to find out about her little secret and she knew it would be the end of their marriage because Ahmad hated betrayal and she had seen his rage when betrayed already.

"What am I doing? What are you talking about?" The person on the other side hissed.

"You know what am talking about, why won't you just let me be? I want a peaceful home, I'm becoming a mother for crying out loud"

" I have let you be Zarah, since the day you told me you broke our promise"

" Then why are you giving Ahmad calls?" She gritted her teeth.

"Calls?" The person asked.

"Don't act like you have no idea what am talking about, Don't you dare" She yelled.

"Don't ever shout on me Zarah, not after you have betrayed me, I have things to do, so bye" He yelled ending the call.

Zarah continued walking around her room remembering her phone call with Munir days ago, she could still remember the disdain laced on his voice when he threatened her about shattering her happiness but then he denied calling her husband.