Chapter Twenty two

Ahmad..

My teeth chattered in fear as I watched the gate of my house open,we arrived town late and I have been feeling like Safaa is not alright,I keep on remembering Inna's words.

I leapt from the car the moment it came to a halt hurting my arm in the process yet nothing else mattered,I only want to hold my wife,to tell her am sorry and that I promise to be with her no matter what.

I opened the door to her room slowly hoping that I'll see her asleep or on her prayer mat but a gloomy and dark atmosphere welcomed me,I called her name several times before switching on the light,my hand was shaking when I opened her bathroom and still didn't see her there.I called her number but heard the sound of her ringtone inside the room.

"Ma'aruf look for Safaa downstairs" I yelled checking one room to another.

Minutes later,I collapsed on the Sofa blaming myself for her sudden disappearance,Ma'aruf came in too after inquiring from the gateman her whereabouts.

"Ahmad the gateman said she went out after Isha and he tried stopping her but she refused"

"What am I going to do then?" I panicked.

"Call Mommy" He advised.

"But I can't just call and tell her Safaa is missing"

"No you don't have to tell her,try and know if Safaa is with them" He said using my phone to dial Mommy's phone number.

"Assalamu Alaiki" I salaamed tapping the speaker mode.

"Wa Alaikassalam Ahmadu,How are you guys? I hope you've reconciled with your wife because I left her in a bad state" She said all at once.

"Uhmm Yeah" I answered uncertainly.

"That's good then,I'll call you back later I need to see your father now"

"Alright bye" I said ending the call.

"She's not with my wife too"

"I'm doomed Ma'aruf"

"Ya Allah what If something bad happened to her,what if she went back to Rigar Dala by herself,she doesn't even know where she can get a car that will take her there"

"Just be calm Ahmad,Let's go to the station and ask around"

"I hope she's alright" I kept chanting quitely while Ma'aruf drove us to the station.

After searching all the places we thought we could find her but it's all futile,Ma'aruf suggest we just go back home as it is so late at night.

"In shaa Allah she's alright,we can go back to Rigar Dala as early as we can tomorrow"

"But why didn't she go out with her phone? What's even wrong with her,Gosh I can't keep calm" I spat.

"You have to be calm,please"

●●●●●●●■■■■■■●●●●●■■■■■■●●●●●

I didn't know what brought me to an underground place that's so dark and endless,yet I kept walking,my breath coming out in pants.I had no idea where am heading to but I know I needed to be out of it as soon as I can.I heard my name being called and I saw someone that looks like my Mama,I ran to her but she shun me away laughing evilly and when I tried going to her again she disappeared after shouting at me to stay away from her and then I began hearing voices,each one of them cursing me,making me lose my mind.

I heard a delicate voice amongst the scary ones assuring me that I should be calm,I followed the voice and slowly began to see a light,there's always a light at the end of the tunnel after all.I reached the light and abruptly opened my eyes to an unfamiliar white and gold luxurious environment