Chapter 12

Peeta

"Miss Everdeen, Mr. Mellark. My name is Fiona Snow," the woman says.

Snow. My mind begins to race. As in President Snow? I know he had a granddaughter but I thought she was young.

There's fear in Katniss' eyes when I look over at her. She's trying to hide it though. Just like she did in front of the president. "Are you related to President Snow?" I finally ask. Fiona looks at me and smiles a little.

"Yes, I am," she says. My heart sinks. She is obviously going to kill us. Katniss is the one that started the rebellion, even if she didn't mean to.

I swallow hard and look at the tall buildings ahead of us. It's the Capitol. Most of the skyscrapers are crumbling or somewhat burnt. From the war, I assume.

"I didn't think Snow had relatives. Besides his granddaughter." Katniss says.

"I am his granddaughter. He had two. One was my little sister. She died in the war," she says. Her sister, just like Prim, died in the war.

"So you're going to kill us?" Katniss asks, bitterly. She doesn't seem weak. I see that girl from years ago. The one that had to stay strong for her sister. Lately, it has seemed like that girl would never return. But now she has.

"No," Fiona says. "I'm not going to kill you. But I'm not going to like you either." That sounds like something Haymitch would've said.

"Then what? Why are we here?" I finally speak up. Katniss looks at me.

"I'll tell you that later," Fiona says.

"Did you bomb twelve?" Katniss asks. Fiona doesn't answer.

"We're going somewhere. Come on, back in the hovercraft." Fiona says. The masked people pull us up to our feet and force us back to the hovercraft, like we were prisoners.

We walk to a dark room with a big metal door. "In," says one of the masked soldiers.

Katniss and I walk in. Really, the guard shoves us in, but we go into the dark room. The man slams the door closed behind him. There is a tiny bit of light streaming in from the barred window on the far wall.

"Peeta. .. " Katniss whispers. Her voice sounds weak and afraid. She stops the whole 'tough' act. The strong girl was gone, again.

"I'm here," I say. We find each other's hands in the darkness and lean against the wall.

The hovercraft begins to lift up in the air again. "What if the Hunger Games come back?" Katniss asks.

"They can't," I say flatly. Katniss doesn't say anything after that. "There's a new president, remember? Paylor. The games are over."

She looks away. I sigh and lean back into the wall. I think Katniss falls asleep eventually.

After she got back from the Capitol after the war, she probably didn't sleep much. I remember the day I got back. The first thing I did was go out to the woods and dig up primrose to plant in front of Katniss's house.

"Katniss," I say. My mouth moves before my mind can catch up. I don't really know what I'm going to say anyways. I just know I want to talk to her.

"What?" she whispers. She still looks in the opposite direction of me.

"What is this?" I ask.

"It's a room," she mumbles sarcastically.

"No, that's not what I meant," I say, a hint of a smile on my face. "I mean, what's happening? What did that kiss in the woods mean?"

She doesn't say anything for a while. I assume that meant an I don't know.

"Peeta, I have no idea what to think anymore," she whispers, finally. The hovercraft begins to lower. I don't know how to reply, so I don't. It hurts me that she still doesn't feel any hint of love towards me, but I refuse to pressure her into anything. I prefer to be hurt, rather than to hurt her.

The metal door opens, and a soldier walks in. "Come with me," he says.

I stand, but my legs feel wobbly from sitting for so long. Katniss stands beside me. I take her hand, just like I did at the first Tribute Parade. Although, this time, she doesn't pull away.

Well, hope you liked it. I re-read Mockingjay, and realized that I got so many things wrong. So, sorry for that, but I'll try to make it better with future chapters! :) Be sure to vote and comment!!!