The Audition

Yes I have heard about the whole Team Crafted situation. I know that most of the original members are out. However, this story will continue. Legend Part 2 will continue. After that I may or may not go on a hiatus on this account and write non-Minecraft, but I'm not sure yet. I'll just have to see...

On to better notes, I'm one subscriber away from seventy! And I have another chapter of Dreams for you! This chapters introduces so many new characters... I hope you like it!

Ray POV

I leaned over in a dark wooden chair with simple blue padding on the back and seat, twiddling my thumbs, occasionally reviewing the lyrics my song. It took me around two days to memorize the words and get all the notes down. Since the producer had called for an open audition, Clara and I were allowed to pick any song of our choice under 4 minutes. Most people I heard during that day from outside of the casting room chose popular songs from the radio, but we selected a few solos from musicals. On the day of the audition, Clara had been so excited that she called me hours before the call time so we could arrive early. We were so early that we didn't have time to stop at a restaurant and eat breakfast. I hadn't even told Mitch we were leaving. He was still asleep. At least Zee woke up early every day, so I told her the news. She freaked out, almost waking up everyone else, and wished me luck.

My stomach growled from hunger, and I softly rubbed it. "I don't know if I can do this," I whispered in Clara's ear.

She quietly laughed, "You can. Trust me."

"Rachael Hughes!" the casting manager called out my name. I perked up, biting my lip.

"Clara…" I whined.

My friend helped me out of my seat. "Just do it! You won't regret it!"

I exhaled, gripping the thin papers of the sheet music. Someone who worked for the company opened the door into into the room. Fortunately, there happened to be a pianist, so I handed the sheet music to her. She took it, her friendly green eyes looking up into mine. The girl beamed, and I smiled back. Once she took a glance at the notes, she chuckled, stretched out her fingers, making them crack, and lined them up on the keys of her piano.

At the long desk of managers, there were five people in total. There happened to be one girl in particular I spotted. Her callused hands wrote notes on a paper. A charm bracelet jungled as she moved her pencil. After doing so, she glared up towards me with big blue eyes. The light shone off her necklace, a glimmering silver half-heart. Her dark brown hair hung down from the top of her head and I could manage to see only a green jacket. It would've been weird to look under the table to check out the rest of her outfit, so it wasn't really worth it.

"Are you Rachael?" the young man with slicked back black hair and a suit sitting at the center of the desk questioned.

"Yes, I am," I responded, a grin of fake confidence on my face.

"Which song will you be singing today?"

"Everything Else from Next to Normal."

"Oh…" The girl with the bracelet glimpsed up for a second, stared down at her paper once more, and scribbled furiously onto it.

"Let's see what you got," the man replied with a smile, ignoring the girl, "Best of luck."

The pianist played the crazy amount of notes there were in the introduction and cued me on when to begin singing.

"Mozart was crazy

Flat freaking crazy.

That shit, I hear,