Funeral

This is a really, really sad chapter. At times, I try to put comedy in it, but everything draws back into one main concept. By the end, you should know what I'm talking about. The title of this chapter is Funeral, what'd you expect? Cute baccas with tiny Betty axes? Happy benjas filling their faces with cake? ;-; I cri evrytime.

For the song at the ending of the chapter, I would listen to any version you want.

Fia POV

Who in their right mind had the guts to try and hurt my best friend? Who in their right mind had the guts to turn around and kill one of her co-star? Although I realized throughout the four months of Ray's rehearsals for the musical that she hung out with Clara more than me, I didn't feel jealous. Not at all. Ray had her own rights as a person, as me, as a good friend, allowed her to make more friends than just me and the other girlfriends.

But sometimes friendships don't work out. Sometimes they just pass... unnoticed, undetected... or crumbles when one partner leaves the relationship. Similar to dating, in a way, I suppose.

As I took my first steps onto the government-authorized burial grounds Ray chose for Clara's funeral, Adam and I met up with Jerome, Carter, Jason, and Brooke. The boys wore their fancy tuxedos, while the girls dressed up in long black dresses, appropriate for the occasion. The only girl I could see in a shorter than the rest from where I stood was Megan, whose lacy black gown draped down to her mid-thigh.

"I barely knew Clara," Jason whispered to us, glancing over to Ray and Mitch, who were being malled by Ryan, Emma, Mat, and Poppy, "But I'm sure she was a good person. Ray really liked her."

I looked over towards Ray as well, noticing her pretty light pink makeup and long-sleeved silk black dress that wrapped around her waist, the skirt down to her ankles. If I didn't know her, I would definitely envy Ray. She was so pretty, and had such a good life. Then I remembered I had Adam, my idol and childhood crush. If he ever died, I would dedicate the rest of my life to mourning his loss.

"Why does it feel so sad right now?" Jerome questioned, his face curved into a frown. For his funny personality, he had a point.

"Cause it's a funeral," Brooke replied, depressed by the occasion as well, "At funerals, we mourn the people we have lost..."

"You know what?" I interrupted, raising my voice a little. Carter gave me a stare, obviously alerting me not to yell, but I ignored it, continuing on, "Let's make a little... shall we say... fun."

Jerome deviously smirked, "Let's put the fun in funeral." He instantly high-fived me, but I ducked, afraid that he would hit my face. When I jumped back up to normal standing position, I grinned and smacked him in the face.

"Fia!" Adam groaned, agitated over my actions, "Why?!"

I shrugged, not wanting to upset my boyfriend any more. "Well, we have to start somewhere."

Adam rolled his eyes, took my hand, and dragged me over to Ray. She and Mitch were exhausted from receiving so many speeches about Clara that their eyes lit up at the sight of Adam and I. Ray lightly smiled, and begun walking over to me. However, I got to her first, wrapping my arms around her waist.

I laid my chin on her shoulder, since we were about the same height with her heels on. "I'm sorry for your loss, Ray."

"It isn't a loss," she corrected, lifting her head and looking at me, a spark of hope in her eyes, "It's a beginning. A new start."

I titled my head, slightly confused. How could a loss become a beginning? "How? Someone died."

Ray shook her head. She thought I was playing a joke on her, and actually understood what she said. "See, one life ends... another begins... there's no need to cry about it. Clara didn't deserve to pass this way though. She had things to do... a musical to experience... but she sacrificed her life for mine... and that really touches my heart. That's why I'm not gonna cry about death."

The guests were huddled into a room with a black casket at the front. Only a few people I didn't recognize; Ray must have invited Clara's family to attend as well. I caught my eye on several other pairs I hadn't seen that day: Ty and Crystal, who sat two rows behind the front next to Adam and I, Seto and Kae, to our other side, Dakota, Cloude, Brotato, Megan, Jordan, Lexi, Ian, Zee, Dan, Ck, Piper, and Ray's two other co-stars, David and Scott. All were spread amongst the room, most of the Youtubers towards the back, everyone else in the front four rows.

Clara's mother and father gave brief stories about their daughter's life, being comforted by the manager of the funeral home. He was forced to finish one of the speeches because Clara's mother cried too much to talk.

After the other speeches, Ray walked up to the microphone, glaring down to the floor. She bit her lip before talking. "Clara loved Broadway musicals... especially Les Miserables. She said this musical was not appreciated by the community... and that's why today... I will define the term music by singing I Dreamed a Dream."

Her voice started out soft, barely heard by the rest of the audience. Ray choked back her voice almost every word. I couldn't tell if she was crying or if she was just nervous about singing at a funeral.

"I dreamed a dream in time gone by

When hope was high

And life worth living

I dreamed that love would never die

I dreamed that God would be forgiving

Then I was young and unafraid

So dreams were made and used and wasted

There was no ransom to be paid

No song unsung

No wine untasted

But the tigers come at night

With their voices soft as thunder

As they tear your hope apart

And they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side

He filled my days with endless wonder

He took my childhood in his stride

But he was gone when autumn came.

At this point, tears swam down the curves of her cheeks. Mitch, who sat in the first row next to Ray's chair, stood from his seat, and took his wife's side, holding her in his embrace.

"And still I dream he'll come to me

That we will live the years together

But there are dreams that cannot be

And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be

So different from this hell I'm living

So different now from what it seemed

Now life has killed

The dream I dreamed."

After the last note, Ray buried her face in Mitch's shoulder. He kissed her on the forehead as they slowly took their seats on the sitting again, Ray glanced up, noticed me worriedly glancing at her, and smiled.

She told me before the ceremony that there was no use for crying about death. One life ends... another begins... why would she abandon her own ideas?

Then I remembered her tough past. I thought I had it hard... bullied, being an outcast most of my life... but having parents who loved me, and still do... Ray didn't. Eventually, after deep thinking I realized the he she mentioned combined all of the forces who threw away her childhood. The car crash murdering her parents... almost killing Preston... Ray didn't sing that song for Clara's sake... She sang it to get over her own past... and move on towards the future.

Maybe you cried... maybe you enjoyed my writing... either way... make sure to leave a review of what you felt... ;-;

On a happier note, I am almost at 100 subscribers on my Youtube channel! Please make sure to check it out and super smash that subscribe button! The name is: supersmashgalray. An awesome Machinima skit is going to be released once I reach my goals!