Breakaway

Chapter 39! Here we finally are!

In this chappie, Fia reveals big plans for her future to Ray and Adam. Of course this won't be done without a song attached.

I've been pretty busy with school, but Chapter 40 will hopefully be written this weekend and posted ASAP.

Hope you enjoy! Get hyped!

Ray POV

Since Adam and Fia had the master suite in the TC house, a special perk was added to their room. Adam's room had a balcony. A nice white marble balcony gazing over onto the Los Angeles street house. Our house was in the high hills, so practically wherever you stood had a great view of certain areas of the city.

The day after the party, I wanted a place to relax without going down to the pool, where usually Mitch and Jerome hung out. As an alternative, I crept into Fia's room and outside onto the balcony. When my bare feet stepped onto the marble, I felt a ocean breeze run down my spine, cooling down my body. It was a very relaxing feeling. Even though the house was not even close to the ocean, I would close my eyes and imagine that we were near the ocean.

What I hadn't noticed when I first went out onto the balcony was Fia playing Minecraft in her room. She eyed me sneak through and quietly followed behind. Around 15 minutes after I'd finally settled into the air against my face, Fia tapped me on the back. I leapt back, almost crushing her feet with mine. Fortunately, she wore closed-toed shoes yet my feet weren't the bone-crushing type so it wouldn't have mattered too much.

"Fia! Didn't see you there!" I exclaimed, trying to make it seem like I wasn't frightened.

Fia fixed her shades before responding. "So... I need to tell you something. Something I haven't told the other girls yet. I want to tell them though, but I thought you would be the right person to tell first... cause you pretty much were the one who got me here in the first place... and together with Adam..."

I accidentally interrupted her comment. "Don't say that. You played a huge role in it."

"But you helped a lot on Adam's part."

"True." I nodded, but wiped away the thought physically with my hand. "That's not the point though... What do you wanna tell me so badly?"

"Ray..." Fia pressed her lips together, holding back a huge grin. "I'm going to NYU to study musical theater!"

I let my mouth hang open as I gave my friend a giant hug. "Fia! Congratulations! You so deserve it!"

When I let go, Fia continued. "It isn't as good as booking the role of Eponine in Les Miserables... but New York is gonna be awesome." I shook my head, seeing no way that New York could be less awesome than a part in a small musical production.

"Well, I've never been to New York, so you gotta get me a snow globe or something."

Fia placed a hand on her hip and the other on my shoulder, laughing, "Oh, my pineapple, I will. I promise you I will."

I crossed my arms and glanced away, realizing another factor to Fia's college plans. "Adam's going to New York too... Wonder how he'll like it."

"Adam's not leaving LA." My friend bit her lip.

I snapped my head back to face Fia. "What?! But have you told him you're leaving Cali?"

"Uh... no..." Fia scratched the back of her head, obviously not expecting me to bring up Adam into the conversation.

"Dude, you gotta tell him sooner or later. Of course before it's too late."

"I will..."

Since Fia seemed worked up from my slight argument with her, I decided to switch the topic. "Anyways, we have to sing something together before you leave."