23

Meghan's POV:
I finish eating early and put the leftovers into plastic containers and then into the fridge. I wash my hands and go to grab clothes when I realize I don't have any. I peak inside Charlie's suitcase and see a plastic bag on top. I grab it and open it up to find a pair of jeans, a bra, and one of Charlie's t-shirts. I quickly get dressed and put on my black Nike's. I finish tying my right shoe and look up to see Charlie grabbing his keys. We silently leave the hotel and get in the car. Charlie drives silently to our destination and I look sadly down at my stomach. I can't believe we fought over something that isn't even alive yet... I am taken out of my thoughts by Charlie opening my car door. I unbuckle my seatbelt and stand up. Charlie closes the door and locks the car. I breathe in slowly and smile. The air is fresh and salty, the beach. Charlie walks slowly onto the boardwalk and I join his side. I try to kiss him but he keeps turning away. After a few minutes of walking I reach out and grab his hand only for him to stuff his into his pockets. I sigh and continue walking. I see an ice cream shop I look to Charlie with a grin. He sighs and we walk over to the shop. We stand in line and I search the menu for an ice cream flavor.

"What would you like Meghan?" Charlie whispers.

"Hmmm. Baby Puth is feeling like Vanilla cone covered in sprinkles." I grin. Charlie clenches his teeth and nods.

"Charlie, I'm-" I whisper but it's our turn and he orders our ice cream. He pays and grabs the ice cream from the worker and gives me my cone. I smile and lead him back outside. We walk a bit more and I sigh,

"Charlie..." I whisper.

"Can we talk, please?" I ask. Charlie nods and turns to me.

"I don't know what's there to talk about. It seems like you planned our child's life before I knew you were pregnant." He says and drags his hand through his hair.

"Charlie, I'm sorry. I guess just-" I start but then I hear a high-pitched voice.

"Char Oats!" A lady yells waving. We both look at her and Charlie grins. The lady has bright orange/red hair and porcelain skin. She comes up to him and she smiles. Charlie quickly embraces her into a hug and she squeals.

"I can't believe it! What are you doing here?" Charlie asks.

"I moved here with my job. What are you doing here?!"

"Me too!" He yells. They both smile and I cough slightly.

"Oh yeah! Mal, this is-"

"Hi! My name's Mallory! How are you?" Mal says shaking my head.

"I'm fine." I reply and remove my hand.

"I'm Meghan, his supposedly girlfriend." I add in.

"Oh! Oh! Well then! I'm Charlie's ex." She smiles. I nod and she goes back to talking with Charlie. They continue down the sidewalk and I follow behind like a third wheel. We reach a game and Charlie grins at Mal.

"Charlie! You should play! You were the boss at this game in Jersey!" Mal squeals.

"Were or still am?" Charlie asks, handing the guy a twenty dollar bill. The guy hands him five darts and Charlie picks them up. All five hit five balloons and Charlie hits a big stuffed animal. He turns to us and his smile fades.

(A/N: who is Charlie going to give the prize to? His best friend/ex or the mother of his child/girlfriend? Find out next chapter!)

Mallory: