37

Kadieja's POV:
"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Kadieja and Lexie?"

"Who's asking?"

"I need an answer before I disclose any information to you."

"Yes, this is Kadieja and Lexie, why?"

"I'm just calling to inform you that you have two little ones to look after."

"What the-"

"And I need you down at the hospital right away."

"Wait what? LEXIEEEEEE!"

"-The hospital is  Saint Cathedral's."

"Why?"

"You have been appointed as god parents for Ms. Meghan Trainor's children."

"HOLY BUTTER BISCUITS."

two hours earlier

Meghan's POV:
"Emmy!" I scream out. Emmy darts over to me and helps me back into my chair.

"I'm calling the ambulance!" My mother says coming into the room with the phone in her hand. I nod quickly and look around for Emmy.

"It's okay, I'm right here." She says stroking my hair.

"Em please take off my shoes." I groan. She nods and leaves her seat and squats on the ground. I move my maxi dress upwards and Emmy's eyes bulge out of her head.

"Please tell me good news..." I whine.

"Sorry, there's- there's a lotta blood-" She says and falls backwards.

"Oh God. Oh God. Oh no." I say and look to my mom.

"They'll be here soon." She says, trying to comfort me.

"How soon?!" I scream.

"I don't know, Meghan!" She screams back. I hear my phone start to ring and look at my mom pacing. I try to stretch to grab it but end up crying out in pain. My mother frantically grabs my phone and hands it over to me. I click answer on the next incoming call and put it up to my ear,

"Hello?!" I ask.

"Have you gotten them yet?" Charlie's horse voice crackles from the other end.

"No!" I scream and start to cry again.

"Meghan? Are you okay?!" He asks, suddenly aware of what's going on.

"Oh my God. Your water broke." He says slowly.

"No shit Sherlock!" I scream. I start to hear sirens and smile slightly.

"Charlie I have to.... go. The.... paramedics..." I say, beginning to feel dizzy. My phone drops onto the wood floor as I suddenly feel my eyes becoming heavy.

"Meghan?! Meghan?! Answer me god dammit!" Charlie yells through the phone.

"Meghan!!" Charlie cries. I see my door open by the increase in light hitting my eyes.

"It's okay Ms. Trainor. Mrs. Trainor, we will be taking your daughter to Saint Cathedral's if you could follow us." One of them say. They attach an oxygen mask to my face and a pulse monitor.

"Her stats are dropping!! Let's go!" He yells. The oxygen makes me open my eyes a little wider and groan out in pain. They load me into the truck and rush to the hospital. We quickly arrive there and I feel someone come up and hold my hand.

"Oh god, Meghan." They whisper.

"Sir I need you to step away we have to get her to the surgery room."

"Can I come? I'm the father!" Charlie asks, squeezing my hand tighter. I roll my head back and forth and feel like passing out. The paramedic sighs and agrees, not waisting anymore time. They rush down the halls of the emergency room and soon I am being stripped and set up for a Caesarian. I roll my head to the side Charlie is on as they stick me with needles. The doctor enters and sighs. Not waiting for introductions she immediately gives me the news.

"Ms. Trainor this is going to hurt a lot since we can't give you a sedative but we will be sending numbing medication through your IV." She says and sits down. Charlie grabs on tighter to my hand I feel my stomach being cut open. I cry out in pain and Charlie runs his fingers through my hair.

"Calm down Princess, it's okay, I'm right here." He whispers. The doctor rushes to remove my children and I give a small smile when she announces the first one, a boy, is out.

"Wait why isn't he crying?! Is he dead?!" I scream starting to panic. I look beside me and see a group of nurses wheel out an incubator while squeezing air into my little boy. I begin to panic and wet tears streak my face.

"Suction!" The doctor yells, and the nurses try to calm me down. But all I care about are my children.

"Ms. Trainor! Calm down or you will need a transfusion! Switch!" The doctor yells. A nurse steps away with blood soaked scrubs and a new one takes her place. I look to Charlie and see he is passed out on the bed beside me.

"Charlie? Charlie?! Please wake up!" I scream. I can't move my arms but manage to motion towards a passed out Charlie. The nurses immediately take him away in a hospital bed and I feel like I might pass out. They push more fluids into me and my ears start to ring. I hear the doctor's muffled yelling and the overhead light gets brighter and darker and then completely black. And I can't hear a damn thing.