36

Meghan's POV:

Hey.

Oh my god. He texted. He texted me. Charlie actually texted me! I can't believe it. I immediately push on the message and start to type a reply when my phone's screen turns pitch black.

"No! No! No!" I yell shaking my phone. Emmy runs in from the kitchen and then over to me. She kneels in front of me and looks up at me.

"What-" She starts.

"My phone! It died!" I cut her off and show her the screen.

"It's okay, I can-" She says calmly.

"No it isn't! Charlie texted me!" I yell at her. She moves backwards slightly and I sigh. Great, I scared her. I'm so stupid. Stupid freaking pregnancy hormones.

"I'm sorry Em-" I whisper and reach out to touch her arm. She pulls away and stands back up.

"I'll go get your charger." She says, handing me her unlocked phone and then goes down the hallway and runs upstairs. I immediately go to FaceTime and click on his contact. It rings once or twice and then ends the call.

"Don't turn me away!" I groan. I try to call again but I'm met with declined calls. Emmy finally comes back downstairs and plugs the charger into a wall and along with my phone. I anxiously wait for it to charge and once it comes to life, I snatch it up.

"Charlie, call me." I text. I don't get a reply for a few minutes and start to get worried. The three bubbles pop up and I let out a sigh of relief.

Can't

"Why? I need to hear your voice!!"

Meghan, listen to me. I need you to convince my family and Mallory to give you my pills.

"Why would I do that? Charlie you sound like a drug addict!"

Meg please

I'm dying

I need them

"Let me talk to you."

Fine

I instantly press call and the line crackles.

"Charlie?"

"Hey Meg..." He whispers. His voice is rough like he's been screaming and it's deeper than usual.

"Oh my god. It's actually you.." I whisper, breaking down.

"You remember me-" I whisper through my tears.

"-Meghan calm down. I need you to focus." He wheezes.

"Okay." I whisper.

"Good. Now I need you to get me my medication."

"But why don't you just call your doctor?" I ask, confused.

"Because if I do, the doctor will call my mom and my mom will come get me and take me back to New Jersey and I can't go back there. Please. Please don't make me." He says and then I hear a loud groan.

"Are you okay?!" I ask, worried.

"No. My body is aching-" He whispers.

"Charlie, please come home. I can help you then. Please!!"

"I can't-"

"Why?! Why Charlie?!" I yell and my stomach starts to clench.

"I just can't!" He yells. He immediately goes into a coughing fit and I wipe some of my tears away.

"Char-" I whisper, my stomach is killing me and I try to calm my breathing.

"I'm sorry Meghan. Please, I need them." I nod my head even though he can't see me.

"Bye, I lo-..." He starts.

"Bye Meghan." He says and hangs up. I slowly stand up from my chair and my shoes are drenched with water.

Oh no. This can't be happening. I don't believe it.

My water broke.