27

Mallory's POV:
I run out of the room and smirk as I head down the staircase. Charlie sure has grown, in some areas more than others... I find my way back into the dining room and grab my keys.

"Leaving all ready?" Deb asks. I shake my head and grin,

"Charles and I are going to go hang out."

"Oh! That's great! Is Meghan going to?" She asks. There's that bitch again.

"I don't think so. She said she wasn't feeling well."

"That makes sense with the pregnancy and everything." And there's the other remark.

"Yeah..." I sigh and laugh. Luckily, Charlie comes down and saves me. He's wearing a white t-shirt paired with ripped denim jeans and some converse. Which pares perfectly with my black crop top, denim jean booty shorts (my fav during the summer) and converse.

"Hey! Ready to go?" I ask. He nods.

"Bye Deb! Bye Mrs. Trainor!" I reply and lead Charlie to my red Honda Fit.

"Nice car." He says and gazes at it. Men and cars, the perfect couple.

"Wanna drive?" I ask and throw him the keys. He gets in and we both buckle up.

"Where are we going?" He asks.

"The carnival!" I smile. He nods and backs out of the drive way. As we continue down the road, I try to make small talk with Charlie but he concentrates on the road. I wonder if this is how he treats Meghan...

"I'm just stressed." He mumbles.

"What?" I ask.

"You asked if I treat Meghan like this; so I said I'm just stressed." He explains.

"Okay." I sigh.

"So, how are you?" I ask.

"I'm great." He spits.

"My best friend breaks my heart and tells me to 'go live my dreams' and now I'm living my dreams and she comes back but I have a pregnant girlfriend.
I'm pretty fucking great." He sighs.

"Charlie, I'm sorry."

"I just don't understand why..."

"I didn't want to hold you back in New Jersey when you were running into LA. So I told you to leave. I knew you would beat yourself up if I was mean to you but you wouldn't come back." I whisper, tucking a strand of his disheveled caramel hair behind his ear.

"Let's just go have fun and forget about everything, okay?" I whisper. He nods and a smile appears on his gorgeous face. When we reach the carnival, Charlie parks my car in a free space and I excitedly jump out of the car. He shakes his head as we walk to the entrance.

"So what exactly do you want to do?" He asks.

"I was thinking we could ride some of the attractions." I grin widely.

"I'll go buy wristbands then..." He sighs and starts towards the long line. After ten minutes or so, Charlie returns with two neon pink wristbands.

"These are for all day." He says and hands me one. He easily slips his own his own hand and I struggle to even place it on. I hear him chuckle and groan.

"This is hard!" I yell frustrated.

"Come 'ere." He chuckles. I walk over to him and he places my wristband on my wrist. I look up at him and suddenly realize how close we are. I feel him sigh and his hot breath lands on my chest. I blush and he looks down.

"You okay?" He asks with a smile that can't compare to any other person. I simply nod and gulp down my urge to kiss him.

"Okay. Which ride first?" He asks and looks around. I point to a pretty tall one and he grins. We make our way over to the "Boardwalk Bounce."

We are next up and as soon as the gate opens, we sprint to our seats

We are next up and as soon as the gate opens, we sprint to our seats. We take the two middle ones and wait for everyone else to board. Finally, the seats fill up and our harness is slowly lowered and locked into place. I look to Charlie and see he is grinning from ear to ear. After riding it three times, we make our way over to "Tilt-A-Whirl."

We get into a car and the worker shuts and locks our gate

We get into a car and the worker shuts and locks our gate. After a few minutes the ride starts again and we spin the wheel as fast as we can. I end up sliding towards Charlie and luckily end up on his lap. He lets his hands go of the wheel but the ride continues to spin.

"Hey." I grin, laughing.

"Hi." He says shocked.

"Am I making you...... uncomfortable?" I whisper. The ride rounds a corner and my butt glides across his crotch. I begin to feel a bulge and frown when we stop. Charlie quickly gets up and off the ride.

"Uhm... What next?" He stutters with a small voice crack. I giggle and shake my head.

"Two words. Fun. Slide." I whisper and Charlie nods slowly. I grasp his hand and he gasps.

"Relax! There's a lotta people here and I'm just guiding you." I grin and turn. I pull him with me and up to the "Fun Slide." When we arrive we immediately enter the gate and the worker hands us one rug. Charlie stares at it and then starts to go back but a crowd pushes him forward.

"Looks like we have to share." I holler over my shoulder, a smirk forming on my lips.

Can this day get any better?